Is it the city, market, or the house?

kevinhiggins

Interesting. Do you guys know anyone who is selling in this market? We've been very surprised by the lack of people looking for historic homes, especially in an up-and-coming area like Washington Park. I wonder if it is Winston's job market not bringing many newcomers in, the fear in the market, or just our place...even though I just can't believe the last...our home is top tier in personality, history, and live-ability.

Just thought I'd ask your thoughts. Sad to say we're leaving Winston though we've deeply loved our home in Washington Park. It's the perfect place! *sniff*

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Existing homes in the W-S area are sitting longer, but new homes are still sprouting up all over. I see there are new subdivisions up for approval by the planning board and WS/FC is tracking increases in building permits in comparison with other Triad counties. I think your home is being effected by market dynamics and the competition with new homes. You'll find the right person, it's just gonna take longer the way the market is now. Most newcomers to the area are flocking to the new developments as well.

I think its more of a market thing than anyhting else. I recall haring from somewhere that exisitng home sales have slowed down a bit acroos the nation as a whole so I don't know how much stock i'd put into the for sale homes in Washington Park being a comment on the neighborhood's popularity or anything. Southside still seems to be getting some good investment in terms of new renovations and the like and that'ts right next to Washington Park. Either way, I think Washington Park is still neighborohood that is on the upside.

Archived