Chattanooga gets 2nd discount airline

flith

The Chattanooga Airport announced yesterday that Skybus will begin daily service to Columbus, OH in December. In the press release Skybus states that the flight is target at the "Chatlanta" market, and that they anticipate drawing passengers from Northern Atlanta.

Could this be on of the first signs that the Metro Chattanooga Airport is becoming somewhat of a "second/reliever" airport for Atlanta?

• 2 months later...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Chattanooga Airport announced yesterday that Skybus will begin daily service to Columbus, OH in December. In the press release Skybus states that the flight is target at the "Chatlanta" market, and that they anticipate drawing passengers from Northern Atlanta.

Could this be on of the first signs that the Metro Chattanooga Airport is becoming somewhat of a "second/reliever" airport for Atlanta?

^ Thats a decent assortment of destinations at those types of prices. I would think folks from throughout the region would drawn to such affrodable fairs, esp. the ones to Fort Myers during the Spring and Summer.

I hope that Chattanooga's airport continues to gain carriers and destinations, as its a great sign that the city is moving in the right direction. Not only do folks in Chattanooga get to fly to other places cheap now for business or tourism, but folks get to visit Chattanooga for cheap for those very same reasons. This is a very good development for the city.

Well, you can't buy a connecting ticket on them though. If you fly to Columbus with the intent of flying to Seattle, you have to go back outside security and buy a ticket once you get to Columbus for the Seattle flight. In other words, you but a ticket from Chattanooga to Columbus, then turn around and buy one from Columbus to Seattle. That's absurd! I hope they do well, but that is just rediculous.

Well, you can't buy a connecting ticket on them though. If you fly to Columbus with the intent of flying to Seattle, you have to go back outside security and buy a ticket once you get to Columbus for the Seattle flight. In other words, you but a ticket from Chattanooga to Columbus, then turn around and buy one from Columbus to Seattle. That's absurd! I hope they do well, but that is just rediculous.

Dead serious and I think that's a joke. Plus, once you get on the plane anything that would be considered a "free" amenity on another airline you have to pay for on them. Like a pillow or drink etc. They are loosely based on the European model for a LCC.

• 1 month later...

Archived