In the Wind

mitchella81

Hi everybody I know that everybody has their different connections in the local business world. This page is setup just for everyone to reveal some of the rumors they are hearing about some of the new business eyeballing the Columbus area or that are moving into the city that have not yet made thier public announcment. So whenever you hear something add it here.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everybody I know that everybody has their different connections in the local business world. This page is setup just for everyone to reveal some of the rumors they are hearing about some of the new business eyeballing the Columbus area or that are moving into the city that have not yet made thier public announcment. So whenever you hear something add it here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
It will be interesting to see how retail growth happens here. Since there is no sewage service in the panhandle, only rural-type development can happen east of this area. That will stunt the growth of 'rooftops' and therefore very much retail, certainly nothing like Columbus Park Crossing. Jacoby Development (the folks who did Atlantic Station in Atlanta) have had an interest in the old closed down Intermet site off of Flat Rock, but apparantly weren't able to sway any big retailers.

Has anyone heard what happened with the auction of the closed Swift Mill at the end of JR Allen Pkwy? ...

... don't get me started on that ending of the bypass right there. It should have NEVER been designed that way. The limited access should have been aligned with GA-85 (Manchester Expressway) to run the limited access portion of that highway around Beaver Run and then re-connected with the Fall Line Hwy somewhere in the panhandle... That improvement should still happen, or the City Gov't will come to regret it when traffic snarls up after Walmart opens. That's my prediction for 2008's biggest traffic nightmare anyway.

You know it's funny when I read this now You wrote your prediction to JR Allen Parkway & Manchester Expressway traffic over 3 months ago and the wal-mart is not even open yet and traffic there is already backing up and getting worse by the day. It will be very intresting to see how the city handles the influx of Walmart opening as well as the Billings Crossing shopping center whenever it is constructed. I think they had an idea of what was going to happen I noticed a couple of weeks ago they have installed traffic cameras at all the intersections near the New Wal-mart JR Allen, Gateway Drive, Manchester Xpressway, Miller Road. Even as far back west as Schomburg & Blackmon road. It will be intresting. I really do think it's time for them to consider start offering METRA(city bus service) to that area of town. Even though people in Midland are very well off financially the people that will be working at the new retail in that area will probaly be from other areas of the city.

**On a different note****

I've heard that there is about to be a massive announcment about new national reatilers coming into the Columbus Park Crossing next to the Ashley Furniture store has anyone heard anything about he retailers that are suppose to looking to locate there?

Archived