Urban Planeteers...it's time to step up!

atlrvr

Ok....I just sent out the invitations to those on the mailing list.

For those of you who have not signed up for the mailing list, but want to come anyway, the meeting is.

Thursday, Nov. 15th at 6pm at Presto Grill at the corner of W. Trade and Graham St.

If I haven't got 12 responses by Tuesday, I'll cancel, as I want to make sure there is enough people to make the official kick-off worth the while.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A possible idea:

This Saturday volunteers will be working on a new park in 4th Ward at 9th and Graham from 8am-4pm. Among other things, they will be installing a bunch of playground equipment. What about printing up some shirts that say urbanplanet.org and having a group of UP'ers go out there and help out? More info if you're interested can be found by calling (704) 332-9582.

A possible idea:

This Saturday volunteers will be working on a new park in 4th Ward at 9th and Graham from 8am-4pm. Among other things, they will be installing a bunch of playground equipment. What about printing up some shirts that say urbanplanet.org and having a group of UP'ers go out there and help out? More info if you're interested can be found by calling (704) 332-9582.

Sorry. Didn't realize money was being made off the forum. I thought of the idea as the same as a church group wearing t-shirts with their name on it to advertise their church. It seemed that this topic died and there were not really any responses to previous forum inquiries over the last two months so I was trying to add an idea for UP'ers to get involved in the community and thought a UP t-shirt would stir up conversations about a group of people who are interested in the growth of their community in addition to bringing a continual diverse crowd to our forums.

I'm glad to see that there is still interest in this topic, for I to am excited about this group, despite what projects take place. I think before there is another meeting, we need to come up with some ideas on the forum here, and some ways of going about it in a realistic fashion. Not saying that we shouldn't meet up though for our sheer interest in similar topics and visions.

Anyone have any ideas with the Queens Park sign.

Just throwing out another idea- Breast Cancer park for families. Probally get CMC to donate to it as well as corporations- I know Wachovia would participate I'm sure. Get bricks, have people donate to it. Maybe just set up a small corner of paved bricks with pink painted ribbons on them. I think it would support a lot of families and also be a unique place for our city and commitment to health issues. Wouldn't have to be that big- even just a 4 by 4 sq foot corner of one of the developing parks uptown. Just an idea- could be many other things other than Breast Cancer.

Sorry. Didn't realize money was being made off the forum. I thought of the idea as the same as a church group wearing t-shirts with their name on it to advertise their church. It seemed that this topic died and there were not really any responses to previous forum inquiries over the last two months so I was trying to add an idea for UP'ers to get involved in the community and thought a UP t-shirt would stir up conversations about a group of people who are interested in the growth of their community in addition to bringing a continual diverse crowd to our forums.

Archived