Charlotte Google Map

revitalize

I love looking at the aerial map of Charlotte, and often find cool or odd things captured by the eye in the sky. I was thinking others may have found things too that they could share with UP.

You can use the new "Insert:Google Map" feature added to UP

I'll start it off with this:

On the roof of the United Way building in Uptown... a little Panthers love!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

This isn't really a Google Map item (not yet at least), but the Whitewater Park shows up in the aerial photos on POLARIS. Google Map does not even show the park under construction, so it is several years old.

Check on parcel number 05310199 on POLARIS and turn on the 2007 aerials.

POLARIS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm, this may be a little bit off topic, but for those of you who are using the Windows Live Search Map, can you see 3D models of downtown Charlotte's buildings? I don't know if it is normal or not, but while I can see 3D models of many cities (including some really really less big and important as Charlotte), downtown Charlotte is nothing more than a nice sattelite pic on my computer. :huh: I find kinda hard to believe they didn't work on 3D models for that city...

^It's especially interesting given that Microsoft's largest East cost operation is located in Charlotte. I believe it to be the largest development location outside of Seattle. On the other hand, I don't use MS's web products such as search and maps because they never work right with FireFox. (Urbanplanet's recommended browser)

Archived