"Life Style Center" in Texas Township

bneidlinger

http://www.mlive.com/business/kzgazette/in...&thispage=1

Wow what a good idea! Bull...this is such a waste of everything. For people "scared" of the "big city", please enjoy driving out to the middle of nowhere and pretend you are in downtown cowcrap - complete with acres of well planted asphalt! I really hope this does not happen.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The balance of the 200-plus acres would be used for a senior-living high-rise building, a small community of single-family homes, big-box stores and office buildings."

"We'd be creating downtown Chicago in a rural setting.''

When I think of Chicago that is exactly the mental image that pops into my mind. At the very least, if something like this is built I am happy it is being built on the west side of town so it is closer to me and might actually help my area.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see why this needs to be built waaay out in the burbs. Senior high rises do not elicit thoughts of Chicago. I just don't see this deal going through. Does the homes count for the Kzoo promise or are they outside the boundries?

Unfortunately I think the homes out there still count for the Kalamazoo Promise because they are within the Kalamazoo Public Schools District.

Having lived in both Kalamazoo and Ann Arbor, and having watched development news in both towns for some time now I can say with ease that Kalamazoo (both city and region) frequently makes bad planning and development choices. I could list some examples, but I don't want to right now because it will just make me more depressed.

Archived