Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Retail - General / Misc.

8 posts in this topic

Don't think we have a generic retail thread, so here is the start of one.

Confirmed from a meeting yesterday.....Gander Mountain is looking at the Greenville market. One store in the immediate Greenville area with a possible, second future store in the Upstate market. If you aren't familiar with Gander Mountain, here is their website:

http://www.gandermountain.com/

Gander Mountain will be an excellent addition to the outdoor sports retailer market Greenville is developing. Their closest location to Greenville is in Mooresville, North Carolina, above Charlotte.

This is the first that I have heard of them. They seem like a good store to be adjacent to the 'GO' Center. At least something along those lines, though I doubt we'd see them come downtown.

This is the first that I have heard of them. They seem like a good store to be adjacent to the 'GO' Center. At least something along those lines, though I doubt we'd see them come downtown.

Gander Mountain, they do what Bass Pro and Cabela's do without the tremendous tax incentives placed on

communities. Their buildings are not real fancy, as large or carry as much merchandise as the big guys. But they do provide

good service and have about everything you need.

The one in Huntsville is a converted old Sam's Club (good use of a vacant big box) in a less popular but underserved

area of town which helped the area greatly. There is also one in Knoxville.