virginia has a world trade center on the way!

beltwayboy08

I just found out today that a HUGE 350 acre plot of land touching rt. 7 and the Loudoun county pkwy is being developed (and has alredy broken ground) on a massive smart growth town center called One Loudon. I is going to have 900 homes, 700000 sq feet of retail and !3,000,000! sq. feet of office space including.........ready..........a................ WORLD TRADE CENTER! one of only 230 in the world. It stands as an example of Virginia's wealth. it also will include in its downtown some luxury hotels, and will have its own elementary school. there are several of these projects going in around VA and MD, but this one will be much more upscale and will be anchored by the world trade center. the trade center will also help attract even more companies to Northern Virginia. I consider myself to be pretty up to date with new development in the area, but I managed to miss this one untill today. what do yo guys think?

http://www.oneloudoun.com/siteplan.htm

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only one currently located in Virginia is in Norfolk.

Here are some details from the World Trade Center Organization Website

With principal offices in New York City, the World Trade Centers Association includes 241 affiliated organizations in 60 countries with a total membership of over 400,000 companies worldwide. World Trade Centers provide one-stop shopping in a region for international trade. The World Trade buildings usually house freight forwarders, customs brokers, international companies, and government agencies. Additional services include:

Office space for the international trading community;

Information and trade research services;

Consumer/business services (hotels, restaurants, banks);

Educational services (seminars, language training).

World Trade Center

Archived