CONSTRUCTION THREAD: The Elements

cbc1908

• 2 months later...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Building construction really got going today with the panels being placed. Impressive 4x6 outer walls factory built to tight tolerances. The windows are quite nice with all units placed so far being crank-out (not sure what the correct name is)

• 1 month later...

Wow! You're right about the progress.

With these and the Edge on North Main in the North Main Community, the Mulberry Street stuff and the Hamptons (isn't that the name of the church being converted into condos, which is moving along nicely, too) in the Hampton-Pinckney area, Pendleton West and Carriage West (among others) in the West End, it only leaves the Pettigru district and the far east of downtown without some sort of major residential infill development (unless you include McBee Station, but I was thinking more in the residential areas surrounding the CBD).

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the first phase of townhomes are moving along and should be finished end of May/June. I heard there was going to be a public Grand Opening on May 17. There will be a butterfly release and lots of other environmentally friendly activities. I guess it is safe to assume that they will start landscaping soon. That area is going to be gorgeous, especially for downtown.

Looks like the first phase of townhomes are moving along and should be finished end of May/June. I heard there was going to be a public Grand Opening on May 17. There will be a butterfly release and lots of other environmentally friendly activities. I guess it is safe to assume that they will start landscaping soon. That area is going to be gorgeous, especially for downtown.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Another building is under construction at The Elements. I really like these condos. Great concept. Great setting. Looks like it has spured some infill also, as a couple of new homes (they look sizable) are going up across the street and next door.

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

• 4 months later...

Archived