Is East Nashville the new Greenwich Village?

MidTenn1

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never been to Greenwich, so I can't say. I can say that East Nashville is, in my opinion the most vibrant area of Nashville, with 12 South and German Town being in the discussion as well. The location and the buy in by corporate development is incomparable as far as I can tell. The traffic is great, with several major roads in and out (as compared to Greenhill's basically single road). At this point, homes and offices that were remodeled 5 or 10 years ago are being added on to or even demolished to build higher end units. The artistic side isn't being lost to the wealthy or elitists either. You still get the creative types along with the influx of high income home owners and businesses. I can't understand why they can't get a Mafiosos though.

Have only been in Nashville 3 weeks - but yeah, East Nashville looks like an interesting place to be - interesting mix + tension (good and bad) between seedy elements/crime and young families and hipsters...they even have hula - hooping!: http://lta.worldcriminal.com/2007/09/hoop-dreams-aka.html . ok that's enough of a self-plug, but seriously an interesting place - will be interesting to see how the area deals with gentrification in the coming years.

Archived