Noah Liff Opera Center

barakat

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is going to be in the middle of nowhere. The NO offices are on Trousdale somewhere, so I'm guessing this will be next door to that. Still not totally sure where. It'll be a working, rehearsing facility, so utility is the most important concern.

The Nashville Opera will continue the bulk of its performances at TPAC.

I think it is going to be in the middle of nowhere. The NO offices are on Trousdale somewhere, so I'm guessing this will be next door to that. Still not totally sure where. It'll be a working, rehearsing facility, so utility is the most important concern.

The Nashville Opera will continue the bulk of its performances at TPAC.

While the idea of a home for the Opera is interesting, the most intriguing part of the story for me is that Community Theaters may be allowed to use the facility for productions.

As someone involved in Theater for a few years, I've learned that Nashville has a vital and creative theater community. But venues for productions are getting harder and harder to find and schedule. One more in this part of town would be fantastic.

The City has one decent theater at the Looby Center which the Circle Players and Street theater use. The Dark Horse Theater is a privately owned facility in an old church which is in such demand that companies are restricted to two weekends. Many companies use active Church, College or High School facilities which place restrictions on play subject matter. And TPAC is out of the price range of most if not all groups. The Belcourt, like the Darkhorse, allows any subject matter, and may be the best venue, but it still has limitations on the quality of theatrical production as it is a movie theater first.

So, for me , the best news is the availability of another venue for performance arts which ought to be a first class facility.

Archived