DINNER

5. Cottage (dt)

4. Bloom (east hills)

3. Sanchez (dt)

2. One Trick Pony (dt)

1. Green Well (east hills)

LATE NIGHT and/or BARS WITH GOOD FOOD

5. Taco Bell (hahahaha)

4. Elbow Room (damn good sliders, Fuller & I-96)

3. Graydon's Crossing (creston)

2. Sazerac (creston)

1. Yesterdog (eastown)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I'll bite. I like the format nonekes used

Best Value Lunch:

5. Bellamia buffet (K-zoo & M6)

4. The Pita House

3. Sandman's BBQ

2. El Ganadero (on Burton west of 131)

1. Choo Choo Grill

Best Value Dinner

5. Uno Pizzaria

4. Beltline Bar

3. Vitales on Leonard

2. Louis Benton One Pound Lounge

1. El Burrito Loco

Best place to take the in-laws (or other strangers)

5. Rose's

4. San Chez

3. Bella Vita

2. Tre Cugini

1. Bloom

Now I'm hungry again...

My brother, sister-in-law and I ate at One Trick Pony last month. I loved being able to eat outside on Fulton Street in the evening -- absolutely impossible task when I lived in GR. I was, however, somewhat disappointed in my main course, which was some sort of pasta dish. Very bland as I recall, and I don't even remember what it was. My brother had walleye and thought it was pretty good, and the salad to start was quite good. Also, the price for the excellent New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc was quite reasonable. Those are hard to find out here, given the predominance of California SBs, and it was a real treat.

We almost always take Mom to Charlie's Crab for Sunday brunch after church and it is a real hit. By LA standards, the place is a steal.

My favorites would have to be (in no particular order):

el ganadero (the one I go to is at Bridge and Lane)

Wei Wei

XO

Tre Cugini

Louis Benton

Cottage Bar

Marado

Sami's Pita House

Bella Mia (out by M-6)

My favorite place to eat has always been SanChez (even though the last time I was there I was asked not to return... but that's another story)

1. six.one.six

2. San Chez

3. 1913 Room

4. FoodSmith

5. Grand Central Market

6. First Wok

(Those I'm serious about....the following 6 is to top off my top 10 list and since I've only been here a few months, that's what I have. I'm going to the Cherie Inn soon as I got a gift certificate.)

7. Yesterdog

8. Black Rose

9. Wolfgang's

10. Flanagan's

Other places I've been: Grand Coney, Taco Bob's, Eastown Deli and that's it.

Just curious why the comparison between Zeytin and Bombay Cuisine?

Zeytin serves Turkish food, Bombay serves Indian food. It's like comparing apples and oranges.

Disclaimer: In my opinion, Bombay is no better than a Chicken Pot Pie found in your grocer's freezer section. To get real Indian food, the kind with real Indian spices and ingredients, one has to venture out of GR...there is one in Holland, East Lansing and Ann Arbor.

Disclaimer: In my opinion, Bombay is no better than a Chicken Pot Pie found in your grocer's freezer section. To get real Indian food, the kind with real Indian spices and ingredients, one has to venture out of GR...there is one in Holland, East Lansing and Ann Arbor.

I agree. I like Bombay Cuisine, but it's got nothing on Shalimar over in Ann Arbor.

I don't have a top 10 list, but I like most of what's been mentioned so far. Let me just add one suggestion: Taco Boy. They've got two locations that I know of on, one on 28th and one on Plainfield. It's pretty low-rent, but I like the tamales.

I agree. I like Bombay Cuisine, but it's got nothing on Shalimar over in Ann Arbor.

I don't have a top 10 list, but I like most of what's been mentioned so far. Let me just add one suggestion: Taco Boy. They've got two locations that I know of on, one on 28th and one on Plainfield. It's pretty low-rent, but I like the tamales.

At first I thought this was a joke about them popping up all over, then I followed the link and was totally surprised by the site (and the music too). I actually have never been there. How about a small poll/discussion on wings: BW3, Hooters, or Wing Heaven???

No particular order:

1) Real Food Cafe - Alger Heights

2) JB's Pizza - Alger Heights

3) Marie Catribs - Easthills

4) Yesterdog - Eastown

5) Choo Choo Grill - Plainfield and Leonard (try a malt!)

6) Andrea's Pizza - Eastgate

7) Pietro's Backdoor - near 28th & Breton

8) Wealthy Street Bakery

9) Marge's Donut Den - 28th in Wyoming (yes, I'm counting this as a restaurant)

10) The Boston House...when it was still open

-----

11) Wolfgang's in Eastown because Boston House closed.

Archived