Park Avenue

skirby

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I new to Urbanplanet and I am very interested in this development. I am glad to finally see some activity going at this development (Target). I wonder when will other retail/restaurants/movie theater/hotel be announced. I can see restaurants like Chillis, TGI Friday's, Johnny Rockets, or a Red Robin in this development and Borders (hopefully), Best Buy, Old Navy, Charlotte Russe as retail. For a movie theater, I was hoping for something that would be unique to Arkansas like a movie and a full service restaurant combo (similar to Studio Movie Grill in Dallas or Alamo Drafthouse in San Antonio). As for a hotel that was previously announced, I was hoping for a upscale hotel chain like a Westin Hotel (even though I don't think our market is large enough) than a Holiday Inn or Courtyard by Marriott. These are my predictions, but I hope i'm wrong because I want to see something new to Little Rock instead of something that we already have.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why hasnt strode come out with any news about this site? its been the same since 08. I cant even find a website that talks about strode other than the park ave one.

I think the plans are being redone again. My bet is that Strode will resubmit an updated site plan. This development time line has taken so long that the drivers behind the project change before things can be executed. But I think that's also the truth with alot of the commercial developments in town. Look at Shackleford Crossing.

I think the plans are being redone again. My bet is that Strode will resubmit an updated site plan. This development time line has taken so long that the drivers behind the project change before things can be executed. But I think that's also the truth with alot of the commercial developments in town. Look at Shackleford Crossing.

Isnt Shackleford Crossing being foreclosed on? I know that developr is in deep deep SH!T. I hope strode isnt into trouble! I still keep thinking that because he payed almost 20+ mill for it, why would he put something so blah and bland? Maybe he is desperate.

I think that everyone should take a look at Perkins Rowe in Baton Rouge! I wish we could get something like this!!!!

A member of the Midtown Redevelopment Committee works for the same company I do. A few weeks ago, I talked with him about Park Avenue, and he believes that we will see Strode submit a new site plan for the space not occupied by Target. He has no idea when this might happen, but believes the opening of Target might serve as a catalyst for additional progress.

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope that with the copletition of the target, this will get the ball moving faster than it has been.

I would really like to see Midtown, Park Plaza and Park Avenue be marketed as the shopping district of the whole state. Who needs 1 big mall when there could be 3 smaller, centers in the same area that act as one, but have their own personality.

Park Plaza: Traditional inclosed mall with upscale retail.

Midtown: Small, open air center with upscale retail

Park Avenue: Lifestyle/power center (target, Bookstore, whole foods, Movie theater, Entertainment and Restaurants with living in the mix.)

I think it should just be marketed as Midtown, but that may be too biased toward the midtown center.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

why hasnt strode come out with any news about this site? its been the same since 08. I cant even find a website that talks about strode other than the park ave one.

I know. I can't find a website that involve Strode other projects either. I would like to know what retail, restaurants, and hotel Strode has planned for this center. A know a movie theater has been planned but I don't know if that is still included in Strode new plan. Based on looking at the site with the construction of Target, there very limit space for other development planned for this center.

I just started browsing the Little Rock thread. I'm moving to LR in a couple months and am very happy to see this Target under construction! It looks like the new Target in Rogers (which is quite nice) and it will be extremely close to my future house. Does anyone know if this Target will also have a Starbucks and Pizza Hut express?

I just started browsing the Little Rock thread. I'm moving to LR in a couple months and am very happy to see this Target under construction! It looks like the new Target in Rogers (which is quite nice) and it will be extremely close to my future house. Does anyone know if this Target will also have a Starbucks and Pizza Hut express?

It probably will. The West Little Rock Target expanded recently and a Starbucks and Pizza Hut were part of the additions there.

It probably will. The West Little Rock Target expanded recently and a Starbucks and Pizza Hut were part of the additions there.

That's good, I like the little food areas in most Targets, but was pleased with the new stores including a Starbucks and Pizza Hut. If only it were a Super Target, then I might never have to leave that part of town (other than to visit downtown, of course).

• 4 weeks later...

I really hope that with the copletition of the target, this will get the ball moving faster than it has been.

I would really like to see Midtown, Park Plaza and Park Avenue be marketed as the shopping district of the whole state. Who needs 1 big mall when there could be 3 smaller, centers in the same area that act as one, but have their own personality.

Park Plaza: Traditional inclosed mall with upscale retail.

Midtown: Small, open air center with upscale retail

Park Avenue: Lifestyle/power center (target, Bookstore, whole foods, Movie theater, Entertainment and Restaurants with living in the mix.)

I think it should just be marketed as Midtown, but that may be too biased toward the midtown center.

It shouldn't hurt Park Plaza's and Park Avenue's feelings if this area is marketed as "Midtowne Shopping District". Even for a shopper that is coming to the area for the first time specifically for Midtowne Center, they will not be able to avoid Park Plaza and Park Avenue. That is just good business for all three centers.

It shouldn't hurt Park Plaza's and Park Avenue's feelings if this area is marketed as "Midtowne Shopping District". Even for a shopper that is coming to the area for the first time specifically for Midtowne Center, they will not be able to avoid Park Plaza and Park Avenue. That is just good business for all three centers.

I agree, and I think LRguy21 is spot on...all three of these centers complement one another, and should create synergy. What a testament to the stamina of midtown for Park Plaza to receive a multi-million dollar renovation, a high-end boutique center constructed in MidTowne, and a new power center - Park Avenue - all within the past 3-4 years!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm writing for the central Arkansas weekly Sync, and I'm trying to find out more about the Park Avenue mixed-use complex. Specifically, has anyone heard any rumors about who the tenants will be besides Target? I know a bookstore and cinema are slated to go in there.

Thanks,

Evin Demirel

Hi,

I'm writing for the central Arkansas weekly Sync, and I'm trying to find out more about the Park Avenue mixed-use complex. Specifically, has anyone heard any rumors about who the tenants will be besides Target? I know a bookstore and cinema are slated to go in there.

Thanks,

Evin Demirel

I don't know if 'slated' is the right word. Their master plan has a bookstore, cinema, hotel, etc., but none are committed and no names have been announced. At one time, Dick's Sporting Goods was listed, but it got taken out when they reconfigured the center. I'm not sure who the bookstore would be. B&N doesn't need another location and Borders isn't doing that well. Possibly Books-a-Million, if they thought it could work.

Personally, I wish they would skip the movie theater. The market doesn't need another one and they may find the young crowd on the weekends to scare away other possible tenants.

Thanks for the input.

I don't know if 'slated' is the right word. Their master plan has a bookstore, cinema, hotel, etc., but none are committed and no names have been announced. At one time, Dick's Sporting Goods was listed, but it got taken out when they reconfigured the center. I'm not sure who the bookstore would be. B&N doesn't need another location and Borders isn't doing that well. Possibly Books-a-Million, if they thought it could work.

Personally, I wish they would skip the movie theater. The market doesn't need another one and they may find the young crowd on the weekends to scare away other possible tenants.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a detailed update on the Park Avenue development including the new Target on University:

http://sync.arkansas...w-life-midtown/

I wonder when Strode will anounce tenants in Park Avenue. Its been two years since we heard anything about this development. At one point the layout include a Dick's Sporting Good but was taking off when an updated plan include a residential tower in that spot. Maybe a Best Buy, Ross, or Panera Bread could be a possible tenant since its not aimed at being an upscale shopping center. I think its time for an update on this development. I notice in the Sync article that the stores/restaurants will be multi-story rather than one story. I wonder is this still in the planning?

• 5 weeks later...

Item 11 on the Planning Commission’s September 23rd agenda is “Park Avenue Revised Long-form PCD.” As I have mentioned before, a gentleman who works for the same company I do is a member of the Midtown Redevelopment Committee, and he told me several months ago that he believed Strode Properties would be submitting a new site plan for the property. It appears we’ll have our first look in September. A big concern is how the economic outlook has impacted the plan. Hopefully, we won’t see a “stripped down” version of the original.

Archived