Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bwithers1

New Hilton Garden Inn on Broadway

23 posts in this topic

Tennessean Article

Attached is an article about a new Hilton Garden Inn that is to be built in the 1700 block of Broadway where the funeral home was recently razed. I guess that a new hotel will bring more "life" to the area - j/k.

Chalk up another good sized project for the midtown area.....nine stories, 192 rooms and $20 Million. Are there any renderings available?

Oh, it's the funeral home site?! That's perfect!! :lol: My heart leaps.

This is pretty good quality in-fill, glad to see this happening. Perhaps the biggest success story of the mid 2000's building boom will be the Midtown-Gulch corridor...

Sounds like another good infill project. New projects big and small just keep coming along for Nashville.

I had not been by there for a few days. I didn't even realize it was out of the ground. Still not real happy with the design, but at least its not a parking lot or in this case an empty funeral home.

I understand that another hotel could be built behind it (on Division?). Any recent word on the condo building that was announced for the corner on 17th and Broadway a few months back?

^I have not heard a thing. That was proposed by the Kennedy Group out of Atlanta.

It appears the hotel will abut the sidewalk on the Broadway side, with a parking lot separating the hotel from the street on the Division Street side. Mid-town Broadway is becoming quite the 'urban canyon'.

It appears the hotel will abut the sidewalk on the Broadway side, with a parking lot separating the hotel from the street on the Division Street side. Mid-town Broadway is becoming quite the 'urban canyon'.

A couple of shots of this project. I have not seen any pics of this one lately.

DSC_0022-1.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

This is from a couple of weeks ago. It shows some of the density developing on Broadway. And there is a proposed mid-rise office building being discussed for the lot just to the east. That would be just to the left of the Hilton in the picture.

july08006.jpg

A few from the backside... sorry I couldn't get frontals or fulls for that matter...

IMG_4955.jpg

IMG_4956.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

You can really pick it out from the interstate too. I pass it every morning about 5am.

You can really pick it out from the interstate too. I pass it every morning about 5am.

Which interstate are you talking about

Great news! This is definitely a good looking project.

I ran by it the other day (Division street side) and I was amazed at how quickly they finished the parking lot. They have some nice oak trees planted and it looks great! I would have liked to see trees on the parking garage top as well, but otherwise it's a nice infill.