Walnut Crossing

RAK

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a poor choice of location for something like this. A mixed-use development like this is needed further east toward downtown where it could help revitalize downtown and not in an already well-developed part of town that will only draw interest away from downtown. I hope it get's denied.

I don't know. If he had another new development in Fayetteville, I might prefer it in certain areas. But I don't think I'd turn it down if it ended up in another part of the city. It would be great if someone started focusing on eastern Rogers. I guess we'll just have to wait for someone to make that move. But I think it's going to happen eventually.

It's a poor choice of location for something like this. A mixed-use development like this is needed further east toward downtown where it could help revitalize downtown and not in an already well-developed part of town that will only draw interest away from downtown. I hope it get's denied.

One could look at it as infill that will lead to bridging the gap between Pinnacle Hills and downtown Rogers.

I'm inclined to believe that any new infill project is good, although if it were something out at Pinnacle I could see how it would foster downtown's decline more.

Greg House is a super developer and any city in the metro should be happy to have him come in and do a project like this.

I see how you'd prefer it downtown, though. I feel the same way about Lindsey's South Towne or Viewe or whateverE.

It could always be worse.

The article referred to the location its planned for as the "center of the city." I guess if they consider the bypass the "center of the city."

Its understandable because no developer is going to consider downtown Rogers or anywhere in-between as a choice location due to undesireable demographics.

The article referred to the location its planned for as the "center of the city." I guess if they consider the bypass the "center of the city."

Its understandable because no developer is going to consider downtown Rogers or anywhere in-between as a choice location due to undesireable demographics.

That could be part of it. Wealth is required for a thriving, developing city. It makes sense that developers go where the money is first and foremost.

Land is easier to develop outside the city core, too. Too my knowledge, Rogers doesn't have a plan like Fayetteville which intends to encourage infill, so this is happening independent of that.

This will be good. I'd take a Houses development like this anywhere in Fayetteville they wanted to stick one. Even if it was in West Fayetteville.

Archived