Bank's chief likes downtown

DetroitMan

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, I forgot about quicken loans also wanting a new building, hmm, dose this mean we could have two more 30-40 story office buildings added to the city skyline if both of these get going?

I hope they build bigger cause after seeing the chicago thread the other day and all the progress on the trump, spire, and other 90 story plus buildings, I must admit, I am getting a little envious.

ScheuerJD: Im not one who thinks that BoA will actually build something in the city. I imagine they will rent out space or take over an existing structure. That said, I disagree that if they are going to build, that having Quicken build something would hurt them. Quicken would be building something similar to Compuware in that it would house all of Dan Gilbert's interests. It wouldnt be a building for rent like something BoA would do. Also if Quicken was to move down im sure you would see others follow, thus creating demand for class A office and putting a potentially brand new BoA tower into a good position.

I dont want the county buying the Guardian. Its is much more likely to fall into disrepair if the county were to take it over. As of right now its in great shape and well maintained under private ownership. Something like 1001 Woodward would be much easier for the county to maintain but it really seems odd if they were to move to that location.

I do not understand why they just cant stay in the wayne county building, it was designed to be a government building.

The Gaurdian Building was designed for a banking and finnacial firm and......hmm

Maybe Wayne county is buying it to sell it to BOA or Quicken to make a quick buck...

I certantly hope so because the gaurdian should not be a government building, it should be a cathedral of finnance.

I do not understand why they just cant stay in the wayne county building, it was designed to be a government building.

The Gaurdian Building was designed for a banking and finnacial firm and......hmm

Maybe Wayne county is buying it to sell it to BOA or Quicken to make a quick buck...

I certantly hope so because the gaurdian should not be a government building, it should be a cathedral of finnance.

Gangway, in case you didn't know, save for a few key offices (i.e. county executive offices and such), Wayne County has been spread out across downtown for decades now. The county long ago outgrew the the courthouse building.

BTW, did I miss something? When did Fianco state interset in the 1001? I've been behind on development issues in Detroit for the past few months.

• 2 months later...

Archived