new Tennessee anti-smoking law

memphisvol

Flying Saucer, Blue Monkey have banned anyone under 21 to continue to allow smoking. I am not sure about any Cooper-Young establishments, but I imagine that Celtic Crossing might (but they do have great outdoor seating).

What are your thoughts? My thoughts are that I was in the initial planning stages of investing in a new franchise in Memphis (had a great location picked out and the concept is successful elsewhere), but the business is half bar/half food, and is usually very popular among 18-21 year olds. I am thinking about putting this on old now.

My thoughts are that at least in downtown and midtown the smoking ban will be financially detrimental to the establishments that choose to go to smoke free.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Flying Saucer, Blue Monkey have banned anyone under 21 to continue to allow smoking. I am not sure about any Cooper-Young establishments, but I imagine that Celtic Crossing might (but they do have great outdoor seating).

What are your thoughts? My thoughts are that I was in the initial planning stages of investing in a new franchise in Memphis (had a great location picked out and the concept is successful elsewhere), but the business is half bar/half food, and is usually very popular among 18-21 year olds. I am thinking about putting this on old now.

My thoughts are that at least in downtown and midtown the smoking ban will be financially detrimental to the establishments that choose to go to smoke free.

I don't smoke. But I also feel it is wrong for government to tell business' how to operate. You have a choice to go inside or not. If you don't want to "smell like smoke", go somewhere else. This is a violation of the business owners Constitutional Rights afforded them by the Constitution of the United States. And if I was an owner, i'd sue the government and any citizens group for every last dime they had. They don't have the right and that's all there is to it.

I don't smoke. But I also feel it is wrong for government to tell business' how to operate. You have a choice to go inside or not. If you don't want to "smell like smoke", go somewhere else. This is a violation of the business owners Constitutional Rights afforded them by the Constitution of the United States. And if I was an owner, i'd sue the government and any citizens group for every last dime they had. They don't have the right and that's all there is to it.

Archived