SREE Springhill Suites Hotel and Center City Green

uptownliving

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, CarolinaCrown said:

I was back out at Avid this past week and noticed what look to be this project's crane poking above the trees.  Will it be visible from this angle once completed?

DSC04740.JPG

It should be visible from this angle. though not prominent. 

6 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

30 years ago my Tokyo hotel room was like this. A plastic (fibreglass?) bath capsule. This was NOT a capsule hotel, now, which is a separate category.

Once the room is finished (They have a mockup done) you would have absolutely no idea that the bathrooms are "Pods." They look just like a standard bathroom on the inside and are drywalled in on the outside.

IMG_3297.jpg

On 7/12/2016 at 10:31 AM, alb1no panther said:

:blink:  gotta love how far along construction efficiency has come.

Cool, for sure, but not such a new idea.  The rooms in the Hilton Placio del Rio in San Antonio were entirely pre-built, and even pre-furnished, carpeted, with the TV installed, and crane lifted into place.  1968.

The video linked into the references is actually kind of cool:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilton_Palacio_del_Rio

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

This hotel is looking good. Taken today. 

CAM06724 (1).jpg

The only thing I hate about this building is that it only has a hand full of floors until its topped out :'(

57 minutes ago, navigator319 said:

Bummer the balconies were eliminated on the front side.  Really liked the affect that had on it.  Still though a great addition.

I was the same at first.  But on further reflection, I feel this extends the "big city feel" as we wrap further development around the arena and Brevard.

But that's being EXTREMELY nitpicky.  I, like others, find everything about this to be amazing from:

- the small plot of land

- the building height [I thought developers would top out sooner, but what do I know]

-the glass wall overlooking the light rail

-the extremely urban pedscape with the streetcar tracks

The SEAMLESS integration with the surrounding architecture on every level is outstanding.  Greatest infill project ever in Charlotte to date.

• 1 month later...

Archived