SREE Springhill Suites Hotel and Center City Green

uptownliving

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure if they're starting it later, but the condo section of the plot doesn't seem to have any caissons drilled. Only the part with the circular ramp does. Are they going to start the condo secition later? Has it been canceled?

I was wondering the same thing, but according to building permits and inspection requests, they have already received building permits for the condo portion, and have had inspectors out as recently as 2 weeks ago. They did seek some clarification points from permitting for the residential component about 2 weeks ago as well.....those points indicate it is still alive. Apparantly though, the structures, though while touching, I believe will be completely separate buildings, so perhaps it will get built second, and they use the top floor of parking deck as the staging area. Just speculating though.

Has anyone noticed that they are building to large pillars on the opposite side of the tracks to the project (on the side with the metal facade of the the ITC Deck) between the tracks and the sidewalk. My sense is that they are pillars for a new pedestrian bridge. Given that this deck is pretty much funded within Lincoln Harris as the deck associated with the new BofA office tower, I suspect that we'll also see another skywalk go up connecting the ITC deck across to that BofA deck. It is just speculation, but I don't see why they'd connect across to the ITC deck unless they were going to go one step further and connect it into the overstreet network.

I was wondering the same thing, but according to building permits and inspection requests, they have already received building permits for the condo portion, and have had inspectors out as recently as 2 weeks ago. They did seek some clarification points from permitting for the residential component about 2 weeks ago as well.....those points indicate it is still alive. Apparantly though, the structures, though while touching, I believe will be completely separate buildings, so perhaps it will get built second, and they use the top floor of parking deck as the staging area. Just speculating though.

I am thinking the same. I've been questioning where they would stage for this if they were building the entire thing at once. I then figured they would probably stage on top of the parking deck much as they have done with catalyst and 440 South Church. What I wonder is if this will stay condos, or if there is a chance for this to go rental.

^It wouldn't be a genuine uptown project if it didn't have one.

Sometimes I wonder if there is someone behind all of these and they are trying to connect a vast network throughout uptown so they never have to breathe or feel the air outdoor. Sad that another one will be part of it. It seems quite odd that they will be connecting two parking decks- that would seem to me be an influence on auto thefts and pedestrian safety, let alone being completely unnecessary. It's not like anyone living in the condos will be required to get to the Holiday Inn parking deck either... C'mon, crossing light rail tracks where a train only makes an appearance every 5-20 minutes. Not even as bad as a regular road. Someone has way too much money who's building these things and should find a better way of using the money.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just realized the perspective of this in the immediate blocks: 12 stories...taller than 7th St. Station, taller than the BoA deck with the curved metallic wall, and I assume taller than the TWC. Everytime something new is built, it obscures something I am used to seeing in plain sight. Someday maybe the TWC will be obscured on all sides.

Archived