SREE Springhill Suites Hotel and Center City Green

uptownliving

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is the point of the tracks through this site?  Never see anything on it.

Something to do with the street car, don’t remember what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Desert Power said:

What is the point of the tracks through this site?  Never see anything on it.

Until the gold line has its own storage shed, that little spur is how the streetcars get onto the gold line from the blue line storage sheds

9 hours ago, tozmervo said:

Until the gold line has its own storage shed, that little spur is how the streetcars get onto the gold line from the blue line storage sheds

Yes sorry I really did not understand the question but that is right about the streetcar line with the tracks right in front of Springhill,  Another comment:  I have always wondered why the retail space of the ground floor of the deck has not leased I understand this Nike shop is just a pop up shop.  But that space has been vacant since construction of that deck.  Perhaps the rent is too high?

52 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Yes sorry I really did not understand the question but that is right about the streetcar line with the tracks right in front of Springhill,  Another comment:  I have always wondered why the retail space of the ground floor of the deck has not leased I understand this Nike shop is just a pop up shop.  But that space has been vacant since construction of that deck.  Perhaps the rent is too high?

There isn't really any retail momentum over there. Any retail store would be pretty small and all on their own with a sidewalk that is dead other than  when Spectrum Center has an event or the AM / PM rush when people are walking back to/from their cars (and usually in a hurry). It would have to be a pretty exceptional tenant to get people to walk over there specifically to go to that location. 

3 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

There isn't really any retail momentum over there. Any retail store would be pretty small and all on their own with a sidewalk that is dead other than  when Spectrum Center has an event or the AM / PM rush when people are walking back to/from their cars (and usually in a hurry). It would have to be a pretty exceptional tenant to get people to walk over there specifically to go to that location. 

I have one that would pay good rent and have great sales and people would walk over there:  McDonalds.  Pushing fast food out of uptown is a mistake in my opinion all kinds of people even those with wingtip shoes enjoys a quick cheap meal every now and then.   Not everyone who works uptown wants to pay $10-15 for lunch every day.  

Archived