SREE Springhill Suites Hotel and Center City Green

uptownliving

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this will be one less surface lot for the Courtside residents to look at...

I still can't believe this project has started so quickly, almost like they are in a rush. There is still no website update or any news on sales for the residential aspect of this project. They really must be desperate for some parking for the BofA employees.

Goodbye Porkchop!

This is just my opinion, but I get the feeling that the primary reason for this project is for parking, or at least to replace some of the parking that was lost due to the Ritz and B of A tower.

Given the fact that the Bank is building this, no need for pre-sales on condos - they can get the building up, start using it for parking, and worry about the other stuff later on.

I am excited about the potential for this part of Uptown. This will line up nicely with the First Ward Park and the UNCC building that are planned along Brevard. I agree with Andy...anything to get rid of the sea of parking lots with decent development is a step in the right direction. Eventually, Uptown will sync up with the main residential portion of First Ward.

Really it is because the bank needed to expand parking because they are building a large office building with minimal parking, and the retail and condos are just a cost of doing business. But regardless, given how much is stalling lately, it is nice to see at least one surface lot replaced with a structure that at least attempts to be socially good (street retail, green, affordable condos).

Looks like Courtside won't really be courtside anymore.

If meaning the basketball court inside the Arena, I suppose not, but I think the name was intended more to reference the proposed new Federal courthouse planned for another full block of surface parking bounded by Trade, Caldwell, 5th and Davidson.

If meaning the basketball court inside the Arena, I suppose not, but I think the name was intended more to reference the proposed new Federal courthouse planned for another full block of surface parking bounded by Trade, Caldwell, 5th and Davidson.

It's name was created in reference to the basketball arena...

I know we've got a lot of pics, but here are my 2 from last Sunday.

post-1289-1216256127_thumb.jpg

post-1289-1216256141_thumb.jpg

Looks like those machines are for drilling caissons.

Oh, those surface lots hurt my eyes! I am envisioning two mid-rise buildings there when the market turns around again. I'm sure it is on one of the various posts from the 1st ward stuff - but are these two lots involved with the 1st Ward Master Plan that has been kicked around forever?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The base of the tower crane has already been installed....I suspect the full tower crane will go up in the next couple of weeks.

I suspect this thing should top out mid 2009, it seems like it shouldn't be too challenging to build at all. Does anyone know if its going to be a poured in place parking deck, or a prefab. Hopefully it will be done with quality. Personally I am very excited about this project as a whole, I'm for as many buildings as possible being built between the garden district and downtown.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived