Lofts on the Lake

Sonrise

As my wife is 8 months pregnant, she has no interest in cooking. Being the dutiful husband that I am I went and picked up some chinese (why didn't you cook dinner, you might ask. She won't let me cook and I can't blame her, I might answer.) On my way home I noticed a banner proclaiming "Lofts on the Lake coming in '08". This is on Arlington Rd north of Wade Hampton in Greertucky. Greertucky, btw, is my self designated area of Greer north of Wade Hampton. While much new housing has been built in the area there is still an element of Deliverence going on up here.

This sign was attached to an old plant/mill(?) right on a dam/resevoir(?). I only had my camera phone and the picture quality is pitiful. Does anyone know about this project? Could be quite interesting. If you know where the DMV is in Greertucky, this project is straight ahead about 1/4 mile on Arlington. Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply Jael. Any renders? That's an interesting location, I'm assuming that since it's waterfront property it will be somewhat highend, yet right below it is a coin operated laundrymat and a Mexican minimart with the flag of Mexico in the window. 200 feet up Arlington is this really ramshakle house with a sign out front resting on a bucket that says something like "need food or work". Could be an intersting mixture of 3 very different cultures. Like much of the upstate and more specfically here in the Blue Ridge/Greertucky area.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived