Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lexy

Airbus A380 @ Cincinnati! PICS!

9 posts in this topic

Went up to Cincy with Nashcan and another friend to see the Airbus A380. The largest passenger jet in the world. It made a stop in Ciny due to the engines and the company that builds them being based there (GE). So, without further adeu, here are the pictures...well a sample from the website. Everything can be found here though: http://www.pbase.com/lexyky/a380

original.jpg

original.jpg

To give scale, the wings are almost a footbal field in length!

original.jpg

Nice photography Lexy! I have to say it isn't the most attractive plane in the world.

Nice photography Lexy! I have to say it isn't the most attractive plane in the world.

It's an interesting plane if nothing else. It will be exciting to see it flying commercial flights here toward the end of this month.

here as in BNA? are we going to have a regular scheduled route with an A380? i thought our runways aren't wide/long enough.

I LOVE THIS PLANE, if for no other reason then its unmitigated mass! Lexy, thanks for sharing your pics, you must have been in heaven. ;)

I LOVE THIS PLANE, if for no other reason then its unmitigated mass! Lexy, thanks for sharing your pics, you must have been in heaven. ;)

I concur with your thoughts and you're welcome! Heaven would've been 40,000 feet up inside this thing but yeah, it was very close to heaven. LOL!! :P

Lexy if you are up that way again and have some time for a bit more of a car trip, I recommend a visit to the Air Force museum in Dayton. (especially if you like looking at big planes)