The Avenue

edb2n

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there yesterday and thought it was great. There are still a lot of blocked off store fronts with coming soon signs. I am surprised that those retailers didn't make it a priority to be open for the Grand Opening. It seems like they are just giving away dollars. Surely they will be open by the peak of the holiday season.

On a side note, I thought there were lots of great stores for women, in fact very upscale ones that could previously only be found in Green Hills/Cool Springs. But the only store with men's clothes was Jos. A Banks. I would love to see Banana Republic, Express, Abercrombie, J Crew, or other men's and women's stores.

I walked through The Avenue yesterday. It is shaping up to be a fantastic place to shop! Of course I was already a fan of having Best Buy there, but it's also great to have a Barnes & Noble. I also appreciated the fact that there are a couple of stores that carry college sports apparel and accessories. I'm looking forward to the opening of Mimi's Cafe.

• 1 month later...

A small rumor starting up is that The Cheesecake Factory is looking into The Avenue, that would be fantastic news!

I would be shocked if they put one here this soon. It would be a good fit here in a few years once the market matures into a more higher income bracket. But it is totally possible, but like I said, I would be shocked if it came here this early. Plus, I don't think they prefer a free-standing building but I may be wrong. I would love to have one, but I don't know if it would be possible. There are other larger cities in the US without a Cheescake Factory and I would think they would be higher up on their priority list. But again, I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

A small rumor starting up is that The Cheesecake Factory is looking into The Avenue, that would be fantastic news!

Probably the CheeseSteak Factory........ I heard a commercial the other day about this place in M'boro and thought they had said "Cheese Cake".

I'm not sure I like the dimly lit Medical Center Pkwy. Not the easiest to see at night when it's raining on that narrow roadway.

What is Cheesesteak Factory? Is that for real or a joke?

There are currently two locations with plans for more. The Cheesesteak Factory serves delicious Philadelphia style cheesesteak sandwiches and a host of side options. The store locations are include Rutherford Boulevard across from Super Walmart and on South Church Street next to Gateway Tires.

• 1 month later...

The Avenue is coming along well. Went inside B&N to use my gift card, I liked the layout of this one better than any others I've been to. Belk, very nice interior, love the use of polished granite all over the place, blows Dillard's to crap for sure. It's probably I'd say half open, with many vacant areas to be filled up, of course, go to the website and its loaded with tenant, most "coming soon". Jared, The Galleria of Jewelry site has been surveyed, with intial plot stakings completed.

I have been kind of disappointed with the cost of items in Bust Buy. Their "accessories" like HDMI cables, S-cables, etc, are 3-to-4 times the cost of what you can get at Wally World. I'm sure they are higher quality......but.

I received a $30 gift card for X-mas and couldn't find anything in the store that I needed or was what I was willing to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

This mall is a great addition to my hometown. The mall continues to add new tenants to their "A List". One of the latest, and biggest is Hollister Co. They are owned by Abercrombie & Fitch and are geared towards a beachy, SoCal feeling, and you can see that at their closest current location at Cool Springs Galleria. The teens will go wild, because usually Abercrombie & Fitch are at locations where Hollister is.

What is part of the phase II of The Avenue development...perhaps a Macy's or Super Target???

Count Super Target out, less than 2 miles from the current target on OFP. Now Macy's, possibly, but wouldn't get my hopes up. We have to let phase 1 fill out first.

I've heard (second hand) that Macy's desperately wants out of Antioch/Hickory Hollow and would come to Murfreesboro in a heartbeat. I guess finding the right (available) spot is the problem.

Personally I'd love to see Sears leave Stones River and Macy's level the old Sears and build a 2 level store @ Stones River. The Avenue would be nice as well.

I've heard (second hand) that Macy's desperately wants out of Antioch/Hickory Hollow and would come to Murfreesboro in a heartbeat. I guess finding the right (available) spot is the problem.

Personally I'd love to see Sears leave Stones River and Macy's level the old Sears and build a 2 level store @ Stones River. The Avenue would be nice as well.

Macy's would be a great fit at Stones River Mall, but unlikely considering the remodel is almost complete. The Sear's store is small and outdated. If it weren't for the automotive department and variety of workout equipment, it'd be long gone. I think a lifestyle center should happen on the North side of town. I mean it's great to have two malls, but they are awfully close. As Murfreesboro adds it's towncenters and mixed use neighborhoods the retail will begin to spread out.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I think about it, I'm not the biggest fan of this over-sized strip mall, basically in the way it was built. The really should've modeled after the St.Johns Town Center here in Jacksonville. There is no parking lot in the middle, just slanted spaces on either side of a landscaped median, that's just my biggest issue, having a parking lot in the middle of this thing. Other than that, its not that bad, jsut really spread out, they really should've made it more Main Street feeling.

If I remember correctly, Jax is lacking some of the same "high-end retailers" as the Nashville area? As for SJTC, it has Target and a huge Dillard's and several shops--not even Macy's..not to mention Neimans and Nordstrom.

I could easily see Macy's coming to phase II and then Nordstrom within five to ten years, when the economy is better and the place has been built out (population/income increase). We must remember that it was announced that the other side of Medical Center Parkway will also be developed, bringing the total sq. ft. to 1.5 million. It's a very exciting time for Murfreesboro.

• 3 weeks later...

This is from the Nashville Business Journal

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori...ml?ana=from_rss

----------------------------------------------------

Cousins Properties Inc. and Faison Enterprises says they have seven new leases at The Avenue Murfreesboro, an 810,000-square-foot open-air retail center.

The retailers include American Eagle Outfitters, Old Navy, Haverty's, Hollister, Massage Envy, Newk's Caf

Archived