Founders Trust biz. checking account, anyone?

zenstyle

I just read a blurb in today's GRPress about Lasalle Bank, where I have my business checking account, being bought by BOA. What don't they own now? I hate, hate, hate the whole idea....and LaSalle was Standard Federal Bank just a little while ago!

Anyway, I know that Founders Trust is a member of Local First (yay!) Can anyone shed light on their business checking account package? When my current checks run out, I'll be looking to jump ship to an entity less...beotchesque than BOA.

Edited to add, I should have posted this under Coffee House. Would someone please move it? Thanks.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just read a blurb in today's GRPress about Lasalle Bank, where I have my business checking account, being bought by BOA. What don't they own now? I hate, hate, hate the whole idea....and LaSalle was Standard Federal Bank just a little while ago!

Anyway, I know that Founders Trust is a member of Local First (yay!) Can anyone shed light on their business checking account package? When my current checks run out, I'll be looking to jump ship to an entity less...beotchesque than BOA.

Edited to add, I should have posted this under Coffee House. Would someone please move it? Thanks.

[There was a glitch in transmission, hopefully this won't appear as a double-post]

I can't address thier business checking, but thier home mortgage department is outstanding. So much so that I've been moving my IRA and high-yield accounts over to them from Comerica.

Simply put, good folks to do business with !

[There was a glitch in transmission, hopefully this won't appear as a double-post]

I can't address thier business checking, but thier home mortgage department is outstanding. So much so that I've been moving my IRA and high-yield accounts over to them from Comerica.

I have used Founders for over 6 years. I have done several home mortgages, commercial loans as well as have my business checking with them.

Their service is excellent...truly personal...they pay your ATM fees up to a certain number every month.

PM me if you want any additional info/experiences.

I personally don't have a problem with BOA - when I moved to Raleigh for 6 months I opened accounts with them and was very pleased with service - and great online services too may I add.

GR needs to get some BOA locations because now that I moved back I'm kinda stuck with the 2 ATM's in town :/

I don't know if the service would be much of a difference - but any branch I went to at BOA they were very nice and always went over the top with helping me.

On the same token - I wouldn't go through Independent Bank - just my $0.02

Archived