Stirling Bossier

jcasey

post-14008-1191700779_thumb.jpgpost-14008-1191700626_thumb.jpg

I thought that since Regal Court has it's own topic and the North Bossier Development topic was a little vague, I would start this. I was more prompted by the new epackage that Stirling has just released (referenced by Brian). There were a lot of new developments on the last site plan released. A Chili's and more importantly Longhorn Steakhouse were included on this plan. The Phase III tract on the back of the property to the left, intrigues me. It has one large building and two restaurant tracts. What could these be??? How would we love to see a Macy's? Are these the other two missing restaurants from Regal Court? Hummm??? I would much rather see the PF Changs in Bossier than Shreveport. Ahhh, the possibilities! Any other ideas guys?

post-14008-1191700626_thumb.jpg

post-14008-1191700779_thumb.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
post-14008-1191700779_thumb.jpgpost-14008-1191700626_thumb.jpg

I thought that since Regal Court has it's own topic and the North Bossier Development topic was a little vague, I would start this. I was more prompted by the new epackage that Stirling has just released (referenced by Brian). There were a lot of new developments on the last site plan released. A Chili's and more importantly Longhorn Steakhouse were included on this plan. The Phase III tract on the back of the property to the left, intrigues me. It has one large building and two restaurant tracts. What could these be??? How would we love to see a Macy's? Are these the other two missing restaurants from Regal Court? Hummm??? I would much rather see the PF Changs in Bossier than Shreveport. Ahhh, the possibilities! Any other ideas guys?

Good idea. Stirling Bossier most certainly doesn't need to be mixed in with Regal Court. Since both are representing different corners of the Shreveport-Bossier area, best to keep them separate.

PF Changs in Bossier? That would be nice. NOTHING against Shreveport here, but I already LOVE the feel of the north Bossier shopping district more than Youree Drive. It just seems so much more like the shopping areas in Dallas to me than Youree does. We need someone to jump on that HUGE piece of land still left over by Wal-Mart... which might I add is the ONLY remaining piece of land south of I-220 along Airline Drive.

The Airline corridor is very heavily traveled - almost always congested - and is very dense with developments. I believe over the next 10-15 years this dense development will stretch all the way to Benton... well, all the way to Linton Road anyway. After Linton Road Airline Drive becomes more residential and has too many twists and turns.

Anyone know what is being developed at the corner of Kingston Road and Airline Drive, across from Linton? I've known for some time that the end was near for that gorgeous pasture. I've photographed it, I've seen artists stop alongside the road to draw it, etc... but it's PRIME property for development as Bossier City and Benton come closer and closer to becoming one continuous urbanized area.

And a Chili's at that location would be SO much more convenient for us Haughton boys. :P Just hop on I-20, then take I-220 and you're basically there in no time flat. I hate dealing with Airline Drive and East Texas when trying to go to the other Chili's. I do believe, however, that there is plenty of business to go around if they were to keep the other one open. I hope they decide not to close that one.

My wife is ready for a closer Belk location, and I'm ready to have an Academy closer to home.

Hey all,

My wife and I went to check out the new Best Buy in Bossier today.

We were surprisingly stunned at how bad it was!

The store is smaller than Shreveport's, it's layout is more akin to a Circuit City, it has fewer registers (and oddly hidden too), the center of the store is badly organized with diagonal isles (as opposed to the nice lateral ones in Shreveport) and finally the employees seem to want to pounce on you even after you tell them that you are just looking.

We did a quick lap around the store and left quietly.

After that we stopped in the Target and had a good experience.

Just our opinions,

Mudbugger and wife

Hey all,

My wife and I went to check out the new Best Buy in Bossier today.

We were surprisingly stunned at how bad it was!

The store is smaller than Shreveport's, it's layout is more akin to a Circuit City, it has fewer registers (and oddly hidden too), the center of the store is badly organized with diagonal isles (as opposed to the nice lateral ones in Shreveport) and finally the employees seem to want to pounce on you even after you tell them that you are just looking.

We did a quick lap around the store and left quietly.

After that we stopped in the Target and had a good experience.

Just our opinions,

Mudbugger and wife

Well, that blows. Sounds more like the Texarkana store, and I was hoping it would be more like the Shreveport location.

As long as they have the products I want, though, it's no big deal to me. I'm an "in and out" shopper anyway, I like to know what I'm after, get it and get out.

The Youree store is by far more impressive than the new Bossier one.

At least the Shreveport store's employees don't harass you nearly as much as the Bossier one.

You tell them you are just looking and they leave you alone, unless you go into the Appliance department (don't ask).

If i want an appliance i will go to Home Depot or Lowes, better selection and their installers know what they are doing.

Mudbugger

Bastar... uhh nevermind. lol I bet that's awesome, and yes YOU SUCK! By the way you really suck if you don't purchase the new Canon 40D!! Actually at the same time you suck if you do buy it because I don't have it! And until I get my business off the ground and finally start making a profit I won't be getting one.

Cyber Command is going to be so awesome. The city is purchasing the land, and today I saw a survey crew out on the property. They are fast-tracking this thing. As soon as the purchase is 100% official they are going to begin site work while other aspects of the project are still being designed. My wife is fortunate enough to be in on this project. This is the first major project she's had a part in since Island Park. With CIC being right off I-20 near BPCC and Villaggio I will be able to watch the construction progress daily... like I do right now with Villaggio. And man Villaggio's site is looking good! Streets are going in now, so if I had to guess I'd say that the buildings aren't too far down the road. (Paul, where are you when we need you brother?) :)

You rang?

Villaggio is moving right along. We have been busy trying to beat the winter rainy season. At this point we have poured about half of the streets in Phase I. We will continue to the inner parking lots upon completion of the streets. We are doing this in order to work through the rain. We are going to stage materials out of the parking lots, and erect from the streets.

Also, Cyber Command is changing the face of Villaggio. The website no longer does the site justice. The main buildings that line main street are about the only things that are the same. The townhomes, office park, and the I20 side of the lake are completely different. We (me) are in the midst of redoing the website to reflect these changes. I'll let you know when it is up.

By the way, if you haven't already, go to the website and sign up for the newsletter.

According to the Shreveport Times the "official" grand opening for Phase I of Stirling Bossier is this Wednesday. Most stores in Phase I will be open on that day, with a few stragglers left behind to open within the coming weeks.

Also, new elevations have been added to Stirling's website. (http://stirlingprop.catylist.com/files/pro...ts_10-09-07.pdf) Is it just me or does that Academy look HUGE compared to the one in Shreveport???

Developments like this are big on exclusivity, but damn it I would love to see a Cane's built in that area. They already have Chick-Fil-A so I know they most likely won't get a Cane's, but I'd like to see one somewhere along that corridor.

I agree about the Best Buy... I was so lost in there. The sales girl I spoke with in electronics was nice but the lady in appliances was getting on my nerves. I finally told her to let me look at refrigerators on my own and if I had any questions I clearly knew where to find her.

Bed Bath and Beyond, while just like any other BB&B store, was nice. I haven't been into any other stores over there except the PetsMart store, which is just as good and nice as the Youree store so I love it.

• 8 months later...

Hey, I just checked out the Stirling Properties website and they have a new site plan! Included on the new plan is an Academy Sports, a proposed Longhorn Steakhouse and a proposed Olive Garden!!! :yahoo: Bossier's (probably) getting a Longhorn Steakhouse and an Olive Garden!!! Anyone else as excited as me???

Happy 4th everyone!

I just wanted to let everyone know that if you go to the Longhornsteakhouse.com website and click on Contact Us, you can write the company and tell them how happy you are that they are coming to Shreveport.

My wife and I did this and a week later the regional vice president emailed me back and thanked us for our interest and added our names to the Guest Serve night.

Apparently this is the test night they have before they officially open. I don't care if i have to pay or not, this will be fun to be one of the first people in Shreveport to eat there.

We should be guaranteed good service because the employees will be new, lots of managers will be on hand and they will want to put their best foot forward.

If you live in Shreveport, follow these steps and hopefully you too will be on the list.

Mudbugger

• 3 months later...

Hello Shreveporters. I haven't posted here in a while, but after being away from the development forums for a while I had a wild hair to catch up on the progress of things over the last year. In the Stirling Properties shopping center (Bossier City), a new digital brochure dated October 2008 states there are some new potential tenants, including: Olive Garden, Maurice’s, Rue 21, Cheddar’s, America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Wing Stop and Anytime Fitness.

I'm not familiar with Chedder's, but looks like it would Louisiana's first location. Someone already mentioned Olive Garden.

Hello Shreveporters. I haven't posted here in a while, but after being away from the development forums for a while I had a wild hair to catch up on the progress of things over the last year. In the Stirling Properties shopping center (Bossier City), a new digital brochure dated October 2008 states there are some new potential tenants, including: Olive Garden, Maurice

• 4 months later...

I went to Academy today and noticed they have started on the Olive Garden! :yahoo: This is not me guessing. There was an Olive Garden sign hanging on one of the construction trailers. Finally an Olive Garden on my side of the river.

Archived