Accident Fund to occupy Ottawa Street Station

statedude3

I bet he's talking about the new steel-and-glass building to the north of the current power station. regardless, i haven't heard of ANY public space within the new HQ - no restaurant, no food court, no nada. If I owned a restaurant, i sure would think about putting one across the street tho! (Doze that damned parking garage, send it back to the 1950s Soviet Russian hell that it came from).

Huh, again?

The Ottawa Street Station is being renovated into the headquarters. There are no other buildings around it.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I thought I should have put my question in a different sentence. Basically, I'm asking have any new projects been proposed recently?

Example: A company is thinking about building a street mall downtown... and on Michigan Avenue constructing 6 other commercial/ residential buildings to connect Downtown Lansing and East Lansing more.

Yeah, I thought I should have put my question in a different sentence. Basically, I'm asking have any new projects been proposed recently?

Example: A company is thinking about building a street mall downtown... and on Michigan Avenue constructing 6 other commercial/ residential buildings to connect Downtown Lansing and East Lansing more.

Is your example more than just an example???

No, not that I've heard of. BTW, I responded the way I did because this thread is specifically about the Accident Fund renovation. There is a general development thread where that question would have made complete sense. As it were, the question came totally out of left field.

No, not that I've heard of. BTW, I responded the way I did because this thread is specifically about the Accident Fund renovation. There is a general development thread where that question would have made complete sense. As it were, the question came totally out of left field.

Right, see I haven't been on this site in months.... and sorta still being introduced to everything. Haven't seen the thread your talking about, but chances are I probably would have posted my question here still... since it seems like this was/is the only thread moving.

Accidential Funds project seems to be going well so far, ( besides reading an article of a worker who died from a fall) wonder if it will look like the proposed layout, style etc...

As far as I know Accident Fund is not going to occupy their current HQ building, the Landmark Building or any of there other sattelite offices in Lansing once the new building is completed. The move still isn't due to happen until sometime in 2011 so we have a while, it shouldn't be a hard property to lease/sell though.

Yeah, they aren't going to be keeping it. And, while it is in a great location, it's still 140,000 sq ft in a building that has long since been renovated to make it a single-tenant building. In fact, I think Accident Fund is the single largest private employer downtown, right? Anyway, there are a lot of possibilities. It could under-go minimal renovation to make it into a multi-tenant building. They could try attacting another Accident Fund-sized company (I think this would be silly). Most likely, I Cooley or the State buying it and using it for miscellaneous/overflow space for specific departments/operations. There hasn't been a true need for office space in downtown for years, and yes, this even includes the low-vacancy Class A.

Huh, again?

The Ottawa Street Station is being renovated into the headquarters. There are no other buildings around it.

I did not even realize that OSS was in those renderings, just the glass buildings.

Is Accident Fund building the other one on the corner too?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived