Foreclosures and Financing

TheAnk

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read an interesting article today about the GOV giving 7k to people who buy foreclosures..

First, I'll save pete11, bil & jerry2 some time: "a little too little too late if you asked me.. A better plan might be to offer fire and brimstone insurance at a discount to all home owners."

I think its a possible good catalyst, except for the fact that its incredibly difficult to finance a fore'd property.. So you are, in a sense, making cash buyers (the rich) richer by $7k for no good reason whatsoever other than face time on a bill that will surely never get passed for the reason just mentioned..

• 4 weeks later...

Impossible now.. $25k in 1990 is $40k now.. so if you have a 40k credit card, then you can buy one!!! LOL

Fry that hotspot foreclosure map was more spread out than I would have imagined.. I thought foreclosures were more urban based, just by perception, but I was wrong..

Providence, however, is almost exactly how I visioned it.. Academy Ave, Manton Ave.. High profile, visible boarded up houses.. the middle of Mt Pleasant (actual Mt Pleasant, not Real Estate Agent "Mt Pleasant") was surprising.. Shocking actually.. Everything else, for the most part, is in line with good vs bad area..

What is this "NPR" that people keep talking about?

I'd like to grab a single family house soon.. The way prices are, its gonna make sense soon.. Still though, it doesn't make sense yet, which is crazy... Getting old, getting tired of the ignorance in PVD.. Its a nice place to landlord, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to live here anymore.. Providence is a special place, with great stuff, and a wicked, dispicable crop of ignorant people.. Not all, of course, but a critical mass enough to be very, very, annoying..

Grab a nice place with a fence and no sirens.. Fade off into Bolivian.. Close enough to frequent the city, but far enough to not deal with its people on a day to day basis..

Anyone else feel that the general demeanor of people in the city has been falling? Personally, the driving situation alone has beaten me down.. People cant drive for sht here.. Cut you off and give you the finger.. I make some heads explode in here, driving in providence give me borderline anuerisms..

How this has anything to do with foreclosures, I have no idea... Except I wan to buy a single fam forec..

What is this "NPR" that people keep talking about?

I'd like to grab a single family house soon.. The way prices are, its gonna make sense soon.. Still though, it doesn't make sense yet, which is crazy... Getting old, getting tired of the ignorance in PVD.. Its a nice place to landlord, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to live here anymore.. Providence is a special place, with great stuff, and a wicked, dispicable crop of ignorant people.. Not all, of course, but a critical mass enough to be very, very, annoying..

Grab a nice place with a fence and no sirens.. Fade off into Bolivian.. Close enough to frequent the city, but far enough to not deal with its people on a day to day basis..

Anyone else feel that the general demeanor of people in the city has been falling? Personally, the driving situation alone has beaten me down.. People cant drive for sht here.. Cut you off and give you the finger.. I make some heads explode in here, driving in providence give me borderline anuerisms..

How this has anything to do with foreclosures, I have no idea... Except I wan to buy a single fam forec..

Come on down to EG! It's plenty quiet, and we've got more diversity than Little Compton! There's a couple seedy bars, we can hang out, toss back a few high lifes, and twirl our mustaches as we laugh about all the money our tenants are sending us. Good times!

Norman Ospina, the vocal co-chairman of the Olneyville Terrorist Association, pointed his finger at Deller as the planning director left the meeting, charging that the program will help only outside investors get into Providence.

Archived