I-540 commuters

diplodocus

I'm a reporter with The Morning News, and I'm working on a story about the areas of I-540 that have the most accidents. I'm looking for someone to interview who drives the interstate often. I want to hear about what they see and if they feel like the interstate is dangerous or not. I'd also like to talk aout their perceptions of what areas of the interstate are the most accident prone. If anybody out there would like to help me out, my e-mail is [email protected] and my phone is 872-5053.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday night I was merging onto I-540 from the Hwy 102 northbound onramp and immediately north of the onramp a tractor trailer was overturned completely blocking the right lane. There's very little traffic at night, so other than limited visibility there was no danger.

Personally, I think I-540 should be 6-lanes. I'm tired of having to ride my breaks in the fast lane because slower traffic keeps merging into the fast lane to avoid onramp traffic. A third lane would allow for faster traffic to be uninterrupted and also make room for onramp traffic to easily merge onto I-540. People driving like they don't where they're going or where they came from can just cruise 20 miles below the speed limit in the middle lane without being in the way. I would also like to see some lightpoles installed at major interchanges for added safety and convenience. Sometimes its hard to see offramps at night and especially when its raining and it would also make merging from onramps a little safer at night.

Personally, I think I-540 should be 6-lanes. I'm tired of having to ride my breaks in the fast lane because slower traffic keeps merging into the fast lane to avoid onramp traffic. A third lane would allow for faster traffic to be uninterrupted and also make room for onramp traffic to easily merge onto I-540. People driving like they don't where they're going or where they came from can just cruise 20 miles below the speed limit in the middle lane without being in the way. I would also like to see some lightpoles installed at major interchanges for added safety and convenience. Sometimes its hard to see offramps at night and especially when its raining and it would also make merging from onramps a little safer at night.

Archived