Gulch: Magic Johnson-Crosland partnership

it's just dave

I'm trying to read between the lines on this upcoming announcement. It seems Magic and his Canyon-Johnson Urban Fund will announce a mixed use Gulch project on Friday. Looking through the portfolio of the Fund's website, this could possibly be a large mixed use project with a strong possibility of the major retail component we've all been looking for for so long. Judging from the retail mixes in some of the projects, this could retail to support the fast growing community...not just hip boutiques, but actual stores for the every day shopper with things people actually need to meet their daily needs. Let's hope so. The project in Austin is a $250 million development and most the the others are major as well. The retail component originally planned was a $100 million center, but was way premature. With the incredible plans for the Gulch in the next couple of years, it seems only logical that the timing is very right for this. I'm just going to venture a hunch that this is something that will catch everybody's attention. My crystal ball tells me that the Gulch will eventually be bigger, better and slicker than any of us dared imagine. Got my fingers crossed on this one. These guys have the bucks; it sure seems they're ready to spend some here. Look over the CJUF portfolio and website. Is it just me, or are we in for something truly interesting about to happen?

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

http://www.cjuf.com/portfolio/case-studies.htm

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Magic on News 5 and he says he and his company are planning on spending some big bucks in the future here in Nashville. I can't remember, though, if he said $100 million or $200 million. Either way, that's a decent amount of $ and even better, a little publicity that gets us mentioned in the same breath as the LA's and Chicago's of the world.

I saw Magic on News 5 and he says he and his company are planning on spending some big bucks in the future here in Nashville. I can't remember, though, if he said $100 million or $200 million. Either way, that's a decent amount of $ and even better, a little publicity that gets us mentioned in the same breath as the LA's and Chicago's of the world.

Archived