NEW FOR MICHIGAN'S ADVENTURE 2008 - ThunderHawk Suspended Steel Coaster

metrogrkid

:offtopic:

Thanks for spelling "lose" correctly. I thought the problem was contained to web-based forums and other online sources, but while driving the other day I saw an anti-war sign at Division and Fulton with a glaring "loose" on it.

Other pet peeve: using "transition" or "impact" as verbs.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

With me not having ridden it yet, I'm beginning to pull my hair out every time I see the Thunderhawk ads or the little clips of it on WZZM's HDTV promos.

WOULD A FEW VETERAN THUNDERHAWK RIDERS PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES OF WHAT IT WAS LIKE? Please? With some new pictures? :whistling:

With me not having ridden it yet, I'm beginning to pull my hair out every time I see the Thunderhawk ads or the little clips of it on WZZM's HDTV promos.

WOULD A FEW VETERAN THUNDERHAWK RIDERS PLEASE SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES OF WHAT IT WAS LIKE? Please? With some new pictures? :whistling:

I don't have any photos, but rode this a few weeks ago with friends. They were much more excited about metal rollercoasters that go upside down than I was, so their hopes were high. I was a nervous wreck, but in the end I probably enjoyed the coaster more than anyone else. One of the other riders felt a little queasy afterwords, but I felt fine. Lots of great turns and drops, but the g force isn't overwhelming. The worst part is waiting to get off the ride---there's a delay as the other set of riders are loaded on for their turn and you're just itching to get off but you have to just wait it out with your feet dangling. After the whole ordeal, I said I'll never go on again. But sitting here looking at the photos again, I'm definitely tempted to go for another ride.

actually its Cedar Fair that owns Cedar Point, Valley Fair (hence the cedar fair name), Knotts Valley, Kings Island, Michigan Adventure, and uhm ton of other theme parks. But you can pretty much say Cedar Point owns MIA.

After spending Monday & Tuesday this week at Cedar Point, Cedar Point most definitely OWNS MIA in every sense of the word. The two parks just can't be compared and I'll drive my big SUV the extra 6 hours round trip anytime to experience the thrill of the Dragster, Millennium Force & Maverick. The only upside of MIA is the water park to me...

After spending Monday & Tuesday this week at Cedar Point, Cedar Point most definitely OWNS MIA in every sense of the word. The two parks just can't be compared and I'll drive my big SUV the extra 6 hours round trip anytime to experience the thrill of the Dragster, Millennium Force & Maverick. The only upside of MIA is the water park to me...

• 3 weeks later...

O.K., folks. I FINALLY got to ride Thunderhawk this past Saturday! It is smooth, fast and just feels real good doing all those aerial acrobatics (I especialy LOVE the zero-G moment when you come out of that first rollover element and bank right by the station before you do that tight back-flip; VERY PHAT).

HOWEVER, do yourself a favor and LISTEN to the station guy or gal that suggests leaving loose articles on the platform to retrieve after your ride. THOSE DAMN G-FORCES ON THAT BACK-FLIP/SIDEWINDER ELEMENT SNATCHED MY SLIP-ON LOAFERS RIGHT OFF!!

This is what all my coward friends (that were scared to ride) were doing on the ground that saw this going down -----> :rofl:

Kudos to the MIA staff that saw my flying shoes land right next to the station and went to get them immediately (you would normally have to wait 'til the park closes to mount a search). Though they were nice and all, they were cracking up too as they handed me my shoes. I deserve a picture too :camera:

There's still time to ride . . . .

yes it was a good ride. Unfortantly I forget that your body should sleep before going on these rides. I been up for 30+ hours when I went on it. I got a nice headache later on because of the twists and turns btw was there flips hehe, musta fell asleep :rolleyes:

I do wish Cedar Fair would put in a nice tall mega or giga coster there. A 300 foot coaster would be awesome even if it doesn't go upside down. BTW I tested out Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and uhm the people who created Shivering Timbers did it imperfectly. The final section was not accurate. In any case I was not impressed with either the Beast or Son of Beast on there. They were nice rides but man oh man do I love Shivering.

yes it was a good ride. Unfortantly I forget that your body should sleep before going on these rides. I been up for 30+ hours when I went on it. I got a nice headache later on because of the twists and turns btw was there flips hehe, musta fell asleep :rolleyes:

I do wish Cedar Fair would put in a nice tall mega or giga coster there. A 300 foot coaster would be awesome even if it doesn't go upside down. BTW I tested out Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and uhm the people who created Shivering Timbers did it imperfectly. The final section was not accurate. In any case I was not impressed with either the Beast or Son of Beast on there. They were nice rides but man oh man do I love Shivering.

Archived