Gentrification on the march

hauntedheadnc

A link to the story from today's AC-T.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll...ID=200771010106

I hope Mr. Madera enjoys his newfound status as most hated man in the city. It would not surprise me at all to see the Windsor Hotel go up in flames the instant the last tenant moves out, nor would it surprise me to see this become one of the many issues that will help to catapult no-growth advocate Elaine Lite into the City Council chambers.

I hope the place has a good sprinkler system. As of this year, Asheville's anti-establishment crowd has officially gotten militant, what with arson at newly-constructed houses, major vandalism at construction sites, and that time someone set a forest fire on the property where The Cliffs at Some Place Name Jim Anthony Just Pulled Out of His Ass is slated to be built in Fairview.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Windsor Hotel would be a great location for a youth hostel. Not nearly enough low-end accommodation near downtown. Profit from the business to pay the property taxes by cramming MORE people in, rather than hollowing it out and going upscale.

Archived