Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueradon

New Starbucks in Greenville

7 posts in this topic

Oh yes - so being in Raleigh for 6 months sucked and was excited to come back home.

While driving home late night I was passing by some of the new development and did a quadruple-take when I saw a Starbucks sitting in one of the mini strip malls.

Have to say I wouldn't have guessed that Greenville would be that established enough of a town to get a Starbucks. As most stores it is quite tiny and is fully equipped with a drive thru.

Now that I have some time off with the loveliness that is unemployment - I will snap some shots as soon as I find my camera :lol:

Oh yes - so being in Raleigh for 6 months sucked and was excited to come back home.

Now that I have some time off with the loveliness that is unemployment ...

Haha yeah I'm glad I got out of that hot mess before he went down there. They talked about it the first day he came - since then nobody cared.

I do have some temporary cash from selling all my stuff before I moved up so I'm good for a couple months :)

Wooohooo Starbucks. Oh wait a sec. I've never been to one. I do love coffee shops but, haven't been in one in about 3 yrs. With everything skyrocketing in prices and unemployment rampant these days, I don't know how anyone round these parts can go to Starbucks (in Greenville).

More power to anyone if they can afford it. I can't and I don't forsee it happening in the near future or way down the road for that matter either. UGH!! :cry:

I guess from what I "heard" the current location in Greenville is just a "Test" location to see how business does here. I do see quite a few cars up there but never really packed in any sense. The drive thru always looks empty. I go there a few times and it's very nice inside - I just hate that starbucks has to be so small sometimes with seating arrangements.

I also have "heard" that if they do well in business - they will consider in buying one of the long-standing empty meijer lots in front of the supercenter and build their own store next to arby's there.

I guess from what I "heard" the current location in Greenville is just a "Test" location to see how business does here. I do see quite a few cars up there but never really packed in any sense. The drive thru always looks empty. I go there a few times and it's very nice inside - I just hate that starbucks has to be so small sometimes with seating arrangements.

I also have "heard" that if they do well in business - they will consider in buying one of the long-standing empty meijer lots in front of the supercenter and build their own store next to arby's there.

Problem is Greenville doesn't have any decent ma/pa coffee houses...

I think there's 2 in town and they're just ok - nothing that's very competitive to starbucks by any means.

I miss the coffee beanery the most :(