Charlotte Center City Partners Pedestrian Count Study

charlotte49ersuptown

With all the talk of Urban Planeteers getting involved and with all the know-how on this board, I thought I would advertise a volunteer oppportunity for you all. CCCP will be conducting a pedestrian count study the last full week of October and the first part of November to gauge just how many people are on the street Uptown. The data we receive and analyze will be beneficial in recruitng retailers Uptown and all of this information will be public on our website. I have been recruiting for the past month but to no avail. I have looked at area universities and volunteer organizations. Let me know if any of this would be of interest and also give me some feeback on where I might go to get volunteers or part-time labor. My e-mail address is [email protected] Thanks!!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will need volunteers or part-time labor, we can pay, to actually do the counting. We don't want to inflate the numbers. We planned to do this in late September but we couldn't get volunteers. Ideally, a count should be done in September or in April. We are trying to get the study done now so it will be released with our retail study findings. This time is not ideal and if the weather gets any cooler we may cancel it. As of right now, I am trying to recruit as heavily as possible to get it done on the following dates: Oct 23, 25, 27, 30, Nov 1, 3. The times will be from 11am-2pm and 4pm-7pm. We will also have info on our website by days end.

Thanks to everyone who responded to this post and got the word out. Unfortunately we didn't get enough volunteers plus this is not the optimal time to do the study, you are supposed to do it August - September or in the spring. We will give it another shot in the spring, probably early April. I'll have more information when it gets closer.

Thanks

Thanks to everyone who responded to this post and got the word out. Unfortunately we didn't get enough volunteers plus this is not the optimal time to do the study, you are supposed to do it August - September or in the spring. We will give it another shot in the spring, probably early April. I'll have more information when it gets closer.

Thanks

Archived