Jacksonville Beach: Projects & Construction list

bobliocatt

Here's a look at some of the projects under construction in Jacksonville Beach

Costa Verano - 15 stories (completion date: 2006)

3128899.jpg

Marbella - 11 stories (completion date: late 2004)

3128629.jpg

Avenue Four - 5 stories

3128667.jpg

The Watermark - 11 stories

watermark.jpg

Water's Edge - 6 stories

0abecad0.jpg

Acquilus - 12 stories

acquilus1.jpg

March 2004 construction pic

Update-03-04-2.jpg

Acquilus II - 12 stories (completion date: August 2005)

ACQUILUS%20IINORTH-small.jpg

acquilus_r2_c3.jpg

Beach Terrace Condos - 7 stories (under construction)

render.jpg

construction pic

image1_r1_c2.jpg

Le Meridien Villas - 11 stories

home_image.jpg

The Metropolitan

1st-street-office.jpg

Marina San Pablo - twin 10 story towers

Rendering.jpg

renderingL.jpg

*Proposed projects that I'm still searching for pics*

Jacksonville Beach Pier

North Shore

Park Place South

A couple of recently completed condo towers

The Landmark Oceanfront

lmbldg.jpg

The Oceanic Oceanfront Condos - 11 stories

oceanic.jpg

The Oceania Oceanfront - 12 stories

oceania.jpg

A link to street level vibrancy pics of the Beach:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3803

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I knew Jax Beach had quite a few projects, but I didn't realize there were that many... I read that Jacksonville Beach is considering a moratorium on future highrise construction until the impact of current developmant can be determined. Do you have any idea if that measure passed?

^I'll add that many of these condo renderings are false. Some aren't even beachfront, even though the photos suggest that they are. I guess that's part of their sales & marketing effort. None are isolated either. Even though they don't really meet the street well, they do enhance the downtown area of Jax Beach, by creating a larger market for restaurants and retail shops.

Actually I just passed by about two days ago. I was looking for the signs and it does seem that many of the condos are across the street from the ocean. One thing that I would like to see happen is that all of the older condos that are deteriorating be replaced. I think that would give JB some juice.

I was just out at the beach last night and I think new residential projects will help to close the large gap between the two main areas of interest at the beach (the pier area and farther north where Al's is). As it is, the two are pretty isolated.

Here's one of the projects, my firm has been working on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winter Park developer has marina-condo project plan

Winter Park-based developer The Dye Cos. Inc. proposes to redevelop a marina site into the Harbor Lights marina-condo project along the west side of the Intracoastal Waterway, north of Beach Boulevard.

Dye proposes to build 54 condominium units among three six-story buildings; expand the marina from 72 to 115 slips; develop amenities that include a pool, sales center, waterfront promenade and more; build a commercial building for a marina office; put up parking decks and detached garages; and set up marine-related retail sales of boats and marine products, according to a rezoning application.

The rezoning application is scheduled to go before City Council at 6 p.m. tonight for a public hearing. The Jacksonville Planning Commission is scheduled to review the project at 1 p.m. Thursday and the council Land Use and Zoning Committee should hear from the public at 5 p.m. next Tuesday, June 15.

All the meetings are scheduled at City Hall at 117 W. Duval St. downtown.

A representative of Dye Cos. declined comment Monday, pending the public hearings.

Dye Cos. seeks "to permit the redevelopment of the existing marina and commercial uses ... as an upscale mixed-use residential and marina community oriented around the Intracoastal Waterway," according to a written description with the application.

The application seeks to rezone the 5.7-acre site from commercial and agricultural uses to a planned unit development. George Dillmon and Peter Fritsch Jr. are the owners of the site, also known as Dillmon Marina.

The addresses are 14511, 14521 and 14537 Beach Blvd.

According to the application, about 50 of the slips will be used by residents, and the others would be made available to the public. A two-story parking structure would be used by owners, guests and marina users, the application shows.

Condo units will feature three bedrooms or two-bedrooms and a den.

The rezoning application states that no refueling, repair or sewage pump-out services are permitted. Boat ramp and launching facilities also are prohibited.

Representative Wyman Duggan, a lawyer with Rogers Towers, said Monday that the application speaks for itself. "I really can't comment on anything that's not already in the application."

The site has been the subject of other redevelopment plans and is one of several Intracoastal Waterway condo projects.

The description reports that architectural plans were approved and building permits were issued in early 1980s for more than 200 condo units in a 19-story tower. The concrete footing for the tower was poured and remains on the property, it says. Declining marketing conditions halted that development.

The property's current uses include a 72-slip marina, marina offices, storage and retail uses, the description says.

• 1 month later...

Jacksonville Beach office condos could start in November

Stewart Verney

Developers are poised to start taking reservations on an office condominium project in Jacksonville Beach.

Ocean Pointe will be a five-story office condo project with three floors of parking and up to 40 units. Local developer Shivam Properties received preliminary approval of the project from the Jacksonville Beach City Council this month, said Renee Baron, the broker handling sales for the project.

"Jacksonville Beach has been inundated with developments with this threat to the change in the building codes," said Baron.

The project will be built at the corner of Beach Boulevard and Third Street and has two retail spots on the ground floor, one facing each street. An apartment complex and a restaurant will be demolished in November to make way for the development. Baron said construction should be completed sometime next summer.

"We think 18 months is the max," Baron said.

The units will start at about $400,000 and the smallest will be 1,278 square feet. Baron said the reservations could be converted into contracts as early as September.

Archived