Marine Influx in Eastern NC

ERJ170

11,500 Marine bound for Camp LeJuene, Cherry Point, and New River Marine Base (Formerly Air Force Base). So what's to do? They form a 7-county committee for the areas which will receive the brunt of the insurge.

The counties: Craven, Onslow, Carteret, Jones, Pamlico, Pender, and Duplin.

Article: http://www.newbernsj.com/news/military_369...lina_north.html

So, what do we think should be done?

Since I am originally from Pamlico County.. I am thinking that probably Minnesott Beach, Arapahoe, Grantsboro, and Oriental will get the brunt of the Pamlico influx. Since there are housing developments growing in 3 of those areas, I think that will be sufficient. I could see townhouses going up. I would say a Southern Pamlico Medical Center is needed in Arapahoe. Also Arapahoe Charter School should be expanded and be allowed to go K-12. Lastly, I could see some a park, a shopping center, a new post office, expansion of Pamlico Community College, and a couple of restaurnts.. perhaps it will help wake up my old homestead..

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11,500 Marine bound for Camp LeJuene, Cherry Point, and New River Marine Base (Formerly Air Force Base). So what's to do? They form a 7-county committee for the areas which will receive the brunt of the insurge.

The counties: Craven, Onslow, Carteret, Jones, Pamlico, Pender, and Duplin.

Article: <a href="http://www.newbernsj.com/news/military_36986___article.html/carolina_north.html" target="_blank">http://www.newbernsj.com/news/military_369...lina_north.html</a>

So, what do we think should be done?

Since I am originally from Pamlico County.. I am thinking that probably Minnesott Beach, Arapahoe, Grantsboro, and Oriental will get the brunt of the Pamlico influx. Since there are housing developments growing in 3 of those areas, I think that will be sufficient. I could see townhouses going up. I would say a Southern Pamlico Medical Center is needed in Arapahoe. Also Arapahoe Charter School should be expanded and be allowed to go K-12. Lastly, I could see some a park, a shopping center, a new post office, expansion of Pamlico Community College, and a couple of restaurnts.. perhaps it will help wake up my old homestead..

^^^^^^Yeah, Pamlico, Craven, etc sit along the sensitive Pamlico Sound and it needs protectinhg along with the rural areas. I can almost already guarantee that no county thats going to be recieving these newcomers has a smart growth agenda to deal with them. Which is messed up, they're going to try and make their arrival more "convenient" by giving developers leeway to do essentially what they want residentially and commercially and of course my favorite golf courses in a car oriented environment......same ole sad story.

I hope I'm at least partially wrong.

Archived