Spring/summer vs. fall/winter

krazeeboi

Now that it's getting a bit cooler, the weather makes me think of all of the things I associate with fall/winter: county and state fairs, homecomings, the holidays, etc. Then I started thinking about all of the things that I enjoy during the warmer months, like cookouts, beach trips, family reunions, etc. So, which months do you find yourself most active in terms of social, recreational, cultural, etc. events? Are you anticipating what the fall/winter has to offer, or do you already miss the warmer months? After I considered everything myself, I think I have to say that I most enjoy the cooler months. I'm already trying to plan New Year's. ;)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice topic!

All the Seasons are enjoyable to me!!! Like you said, they are all unique in their own special way! Like SBC said the Summer's are the longest season down South; so the cool breezes of Fall/Autumn are always welcome when they do finally arrive. Being in the middle of Football season is an added bonus! My only complaint is it gets dark so early as Winter arrives! That's what make Summer's so special when you can actually see daylight after 8:00 p.m.

Chicago's Winter's may be a bit too brutal for me; but I would like snow at least once a year ;)

A tough decision. I love the crisp coolness of a fall night, the sharp bite of a winter day with a foot of snow on the ground, a nice 90 degree, sunny day on the lake, and who doesn't like a cool, breezy spring day where you can relax in about anything. It's too tough to decide.

All seasons but summer. I just don't like oppressive heat and we get a good two months at least here in Charlotte. You can only get so naked to cool off before you can't do any more, at least in the extreme of winter you can dress more and more to get warm!

I particularly LOVE spring and fall. Fall maybe more than spring since it is freeing me from the heat and humidity of summer. I love starting to wear my sweaters and coats again, taking the dog on extra long walks, sitting at outdoor cafes for far longer than I should. This weekend was one of those weekends, I spent as much time outdoors as I could.

i love all the seasons. here in the northeast we have 4 distinct seasons with varying degrees of extreme weather (sometimes super hot in the summer, sometimes super cold in the winter). usually by the end of each season i am ready for the next. i'm glad it's finally fall here though and that we're having fall weather finally (we had been having very warm weather, like in the 90's, but now it's about 60 with temps going to the low 40's at night). the old farmer's almanac says we're in for a rough winter. that makes me happy because ski season should be a good one (last year was lackluster except late in the season with some strange snow storms).

I'd rather have fall/winter than spring/summer. That of course doesn't mean that I don't enjoy the warmer seasons. Fall seems to be my favorite since I can dress modestly, not sweat to death when outside, etc. The scenery in fall is of course hard to beat too, once the leaves start exerting their colors of course (which may not come around this year as trees seem to be going straight to death with the regional drought we're in). I'd rather put on a nice sweater than a t-shirt. I also enjoy wearing my trench coat and my fedora hat but unfortunately the winters where I am aren't typically cold enough to really warrant wearing the trench coat. I wore this combination a lot in Chicago to break the wind.

Spring and Summer.

The heat and drought this year were excessive; they are usually my favorite times of the year: I love the long sunsets and warm evenings of summer, and the (not this year) changes and storms you get during the spring. The darkness of winter gets to me; the exception being the snowy winters when I lived in Boone, which I rather liked.

Spring and summer for me. I enjoy being outside and all the cookouts. I'm a grilling fanatic.

Although I enjoy the T-giving and Christmas holidays, down here in the south, you don't have snow, so it doesn't seem....umm...I guess as you always see in the movies and read in the books. Something seems to be missing.

I love fall and winter. I used to hate fall back when it meant going back to school, but I've always loved winter and I think it's because of Christmas and my birthday in early March. I love snow and I miss seeing it like we used to. It's a real treat when we get a real snow and everything's shut down. I also enjoy walking in winter, when I can sweat so much less and take pictures of buidlings without people being in the way. I've just started to appreciate the colors of fall. The air may be getting cooler but it still has a little bit of warmth in it.

I don't like spring because of the violent storms it brings and the out-of-control temperature swings. Summer is just plain too hot and humid.

Archived