Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Voice of Reason

Uncovering the park river

http://www.courant.com/news/local/hc-parkr...0,4572767.story

It would be nice if money was not an object.

I was looking thru one of those hartford photo books from the victorian era at boarders yesterday. This was once such a beutifull city its really a shame that dome of the damage cannot be easily reversed.

TaylorG4444    0

It's moments like this that I wish I had Bill Gates' money and could walk up to those politicians with a check for 200 million and say, "Here, now I don't want to hear anymore excuses. Get it done!" :shades: Just see what they had to say. lol It would be priceless.

drc72    5

Since it takes heavon and earth to get things done in Hartford, I doubt the Park river will ever see the light of day.

T52    0

Back in the mid-late 80s I was involved with construction of pieces of the Legislative Office Building and part of that construction involved constructing a flow chamber under the parking garage for some of the Park River's flow. As I recall there wasn't much more than a small stream's worth of water there. I am not really sure that the effort to uncover the Park River would yield impressive results (for all I know, the flow may have been diverted by others to facilitate our construction)...