Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrea

Best Bands & Music Venues in Atlanta

6 posts in this topic

My favorite place to see live music is Chastain during the summer or the Tabernacle anytime for a good rock show.

I've never been to Eddie's Attic but I hear that it's pretty neat...my personal faves are the Tabernacle and the Roxy for indoor venues, and Chastain for outdoor. There's nothing like a summer concert under the stars at Chastain...I saw Trisha Yearwood there a couple of years ago, one of the best I've seen. Saw Indigo Girls at the Tabernacle...what a show...

Andrea - you've been to the new Lenny's? I do admit, despite Lenny's being just down the street from my home - I haven't been there since it was Dottie's.

Otherwise - I have to say the Tabernacle is my favorite venue, but my favorites have now since closed - one was in East Atlanta & the other was The Point in Little Five Points. Another one, just due to it being a odd experience - was the basement of the Highlander where I saw Archers of Loaf back in the day.

Ok - best bands: Mastadon & Black Lips. Fortunately those bands are big enough that I hear about them over here in Colorado.

Brad, yeah, I've been to the new Lenny's a few times. At first I missed the old place but frankly this is a lot better.

Your comment about East Atlanta reminds me of the Earl -- great music venue!

As for bands, let me put in a shameless plug for my son's band -- Attractive Eighties Women. They really rock and are a lot of fun. They're getting some good press these days and drawing good crowds. You've got to hear their song "Murder Kroger" about the Poncey Highland store.

:lol: