Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turlough

Progress energy tower

JunktionFET    0

It's going to be a nice building, that's for sure. It will also do a lot--it is a true mixed used hi-rise. I think the finished product will be attractive too.

Raleigh-NC    0

I agree, Two Progress Plaza will be an attractive high-rise, of true mixed-use nature. The City of Raleigh insisted on the latter, and Progress Energy delivered. The drawings posted in the newsletter are not 100% accurate, as Progress Energy made a few changes to the plan, but at least they did not scale down. The only negative alteration (not visible to the images) is the removal of a 12-story building, which was part of the original plan. Maybe they will build it elsewhere, but not as part of Two Progress Plaza.

With the addition of the 23-story Convention Hotel, the core development will shift towards the south end of downtown. If RBC/Centura Bank moves downtown Raleigh, I am sure that Progress Energy will manage to bring them across from the new headquarters, where a new tower will be built. Such move will help shift some density towards the north side, where Raleigh lacks any major high-rises, except for the First Union tower. Hopefully, we won't see anything below 20 stories.

Raleigh-NC    0

Glad you liked them. I will post more, in the future, when the project gets significantly higher, and later on when it receives its nearly-done status.