Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

runawayjim

Colbert for President

21 posts in this topic

SC does not require one to register with a party to vote in a primary and residents can vote in either one. It should be interesting to see how that might turn out if he gets on the ballot.

He said his prospective Vice President running mates are the President of Russia (Vladmir Putin) or former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee.

What's scary is that I think he might actually be a good candidate and a lot of people would vote for him. Have you ever seen an interview of him when he's actually serious? He's very well spoken, knowledgeable, and thinks his statements out.

What's scary is that I think he might actually be a good candidate and a lot of people would vote for him. Have you ever seen an interview of him when he's actually serious? He's very well spoken, knowledgeable, and thinks his statements out.

agreed. i would be curious to see how he'd do if he were on the primary ballot in every state. i actually think he and jon stewart would make a pretty good team in the white house.

I'd vote for them. Frankly, they often make more sense than established politicians of either party. It certainly wouldn't be any worse than the last time we had an entertainer as president.

In any case, I just picked up Colbert's new book on the way from work this evening. At a glance, it looks like quite the entertaining read.

While I agree he is a very funny, well-spoken TV show host, I tend to think someone with executive government experience and a background in something like political science or law makes for a slightly more qualified president. ^_^

While I agree he is a very funny, well-spoken TV show host, I tend to think someone with executive government experience and a background in something like political science or law makes for a slightly more qualified president. ^_^

I think someone who DOESN'T have the experience and is someone from the rank and file would do much better than any politician. They haven't been corrupted yet.

There is apparently an effort in SC to keep Colbert off the ballot. There are some little used technicalities being dragged out where detractors say Colbert does not qualify to be a candidate. This of course is really being done because the are scared of the effect someone as famous as Colbert will have on the election. Otherwise, nobody would care.

There is apparently an effort in SC to keep Colbert off the ballot. There are some little used technicalities being dragged out where detractors say Colbert does not qualify to be a candidate. This of course is really being done because the are scared of the effect someone as famous as Colbert will have on the election. Otherwise, nobody would care.

I was thinking about it and I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that his Putin running mate is impossible. It goes against the Constitution because the VP has the same qualifications as the President does for office, in case he has to take over. Putin isn't a citizen of the US so he isn't elible to run.

Actually I did above, but nobody caught it.

Furthermore under the US Constitution, he is completely qualified to run for President as that document alone lists the qualifications needed to hold office. I saw him interviewed this weekend on Meet the Press (again I highly recommend this program) and his primary reason for running in SC is to get one delegate to the Democratic or Republican convention.

I was thinking about it and I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that his Putin running mate is impossible. It goes against the Constitution because the VP has the same qualifications as the President does for office, in case he has to take over. Putin isn't a citizen of the US so he isn't elible to run.

So Colber's application to run on the Democratic ticket in South Carolina was rejected. They said he wasn't a serious candidate and would not fare well on the ballot.