Colbert for President

runawayjim

Stephen Colbert has announced that he will be running for president, in South Carolina as both Democrat and Republican. Apparently, he's mocking the current campaign process, which deserves the utmost mockery with 17 people currently in the race. I'd love it if he won (and I think he might make a pretty good president).

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd vote for them. Frankly, they often make more sense than established politicians of either party. It certainly wouldn't be any worse than the last time we had an entertainer as president.

In any case, I just picked up Colbert's new book on the way from work this evening. At a glance, it looks like quite the entertaining read.

While I agree he is a very funny, well-spoken TV show host, I tend to think someone with executive government experience and a background in something like political science or law makes for a slightly more qualified president. ^_^

There is apparently an effort in SC to keep Colbert off the ballot. There are some little used technicalities being dragged out where detractors say Colbert does not qualify to be a candidate. This of course is really being done because the are scared of the effect someone as famous as Colbert will have on the election. Otherwise, nobody would care.

There is apparently an effort in SC to keep Colbert off the ballot. There are some little used technicalities being dragged out where detractors say Colbert does not qualify to be a candidate. This of course is really being done because the are scared of the effect someone as famous as Colbert will have on the election. Otherwise, nobody would care.

I was thinking about it and I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that his Putin running mate is impossible. It goes against the Constitution because the VP has the same qualifications as the President does for office, in case he has to take over. Putin isn't a citizen of the US so he isn't elible to run.

Actually I did above, but nobody caught it.

Furthermore under the US Constitution, he is completely qualified to run for President as that document alone lists the qualifications needed to hold office. I saw him interviewed this weekend on Meet the Press (again I highly recommend this program) and his primary reason for running in SC is to get one delegate to the Democratic or Republican convention.

I was thinking about it and I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact that his Putin running mate is impossible. It goes against the Constitution because the VP has the same qualifications as the President does for office, in case he has to take over. Putin isn't a citizen of the US so he isn't elible to run.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived