UrbanPlanet Tallahassee Annual Summit

TD

Hello All, I would like to propose an annual Urban Planet Summit where all of the members are free to attend.

I think that this would not only be a great social event, where others have failed in the past, but an excellent and formal way to meet members.

Also, while here, we could draft up proposals to give to city addressing issues we have and maybe we can eventually be an organization that has some pull with the city.

Depending on participation and how successful it is, I believe we could even have twice a year meetings and then quarterly and then possibly monthly..

The focus is discussing Tallahassee issues much like we do here but i believe in person interaction is very important to our success.

We could then show up to city commission meetings in force, and speak on the issues, and maybe then our voice would be heard.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TD, I like your idea and I like the way you are thinking.

I was just wondering if we should first just try a meet-up and then at that meet-up talk in person how we'd like to proceed w/your fine ideas from there? I mean you guys may meet me and think I'm too funny-looking and crazy to ever want to see again.

I've never had the desire to meet folks from a message board (can you imagine wht a Democrat poster meet-up would be like?) but I'd definitely be interested in meeting you fine folks. Of course I understand this idea may not be for everyone and I understand that too.

I also better let you guys know, I'll be gone from 10.30 until 11.14. If you want to meet-up that soon, I'll understand though.

I think this is a good idea. Although, Poonther I don't think you need to worry about people not thinking you're friendly enough to meet with in person, you've got a warm personality. If TD wants to proceed with this, I think we ought to atleast establish a list of things we will need to conduct this meeting and perhaps have an agenda in advance.

I would personally advocate we all purchase the $.99 Urban Planet button found at the Urban Planet Store by clicking on the below icon. This way when we do choose a location, which I hope will be downtown, that we can easily identify each other.

61580965v5_150x150_Front.jpg

The Wine Bar idea was in another thread where I was razzing GG to meet me when it opened up (I'd still like to do that.) I was never really suggesting it as an official meet-up place b/c we all can't go there. Downtown sounds fine to me too, but where? The list of choices isn't that long:

Hometown Coffeehouse

Harry's

Po'Boys

Andrews/Capital Grille

Jasmine

Paradigm (or is that 21 only also?)

The Governor's Club (I'm sure FL has a membership and can get us all in)

What am I forgetting?

Or if it pleases the crowd, we can go down the hill on the Parkway to several places or down the other way towards FSU, FAMU and Gaines.

Ideas?

Preferences?

The Wine Bar idea was in another thread where I was razzing GG to meet me when it opened up (I'd still like to do that.) I was never really suggesting it as an official meet-up place b/c we all can't go there. Downtown sounds fine to me too, but where? The list of choices isn't that long:

Hometown Coffeehouse

Harry's

Po'Boys

Andrews/Capital Grille

Jasmine

Paradigm (or is that 21 only also?)

The Governor's Club (I'm sure FL has a membership and can get us all in)

What am I forgetting?

Or if it pleases the crowd, we can go down the hill on the Parkway to several places or down the other way towards FSU, FAMU and Gaines.

Ideas?

Preferences?

You left out Jacobs on the Plaza

and Goodies

My vote would go to Harry's or the new Place, Urbane, when it opens. I'd also raise my hand in favor of Hometown Coffee. I've got to buy my button.

Oh yeah, btw, I'm unable to reserve space in the Governor's Club for us to meet, Poonther. We're booked until next year. ;)

Hometown Coffeehouse will probably not be as intimate as it could be for our meet-up since lots of folks will be in the area (Tally Center) for the Homecoming Game. An early afternoon meet-up on Saturday would work best for me, but I too could do it as early as 11am. However w/FSU Homecoming (starts at 8pm) would a Sunday (but then you've got the church and NFL folks to think about) meet-up not be better or what about a week-night meet-up? I don't really have a preference, I'm just trying to pick the time and day that would be get the best results...the most people to show up. So if you have any real interest in this, speak up folks, please!

BTW: I'll be gone from 10.30 until 11.14, but if those dates end up working best for the group, I will understand.

I'm good with anytime, I don't think I have to work again until December. I agree with Poonther that Saturday might be a little busy but FL makes a good point in that folks could then attend Saturday Marketplace which is always a fun time.

Archived