Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sneaky Snake

Memphis Rental Market

5 posts in this topic

Hi all. This topic may be a little off base but hopefully someone here can help with my question.

I'm an out of state real estate investor looking to purchase single family properties in the Memphis area. I'm hoping that someone could educate me a little on the rental market in your city. I'm looking for decent neighborhoods (not high end) where one could walk down the street at night without being in danger. Ideally the neighborhood would have a sense of civic pride and have access to public transportation. I would like to find an area where the homes average market value is between 65k and 85k with average rents from $500-$900 per month. My goal is to renovate and then hold these properties as rentals. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hi all. This topic may be a little off base but hopefully someone here can help with my question.

I'm an out of state real estate investor looking to purchase single family properties in the Memphis area. I'm hoping that someone could educate me a little on the rental market in your city. I'm looking for decent neighborhoods (not high end) where one could walk down the street at night without being in danger. Ideally the neighborhood would have a sense of civic pride and have access to public transportation. I would like to find an area where the homes average market value is between 65k and 85k with average rents from $500-$900 per month. My goal is to renovate and then hold these properties as rentals. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

If you're asking us, then you might need to learn a bit more about the real estate investing business.

Read the Rules. We have very specific rules against real estate investors, brokers, agents, etc. coming on the boards asking our members business related questions.