$200 Million Condo / Marina Development For East LR

LIT uPP

This is Great! Maybe somewhere in the near future Little Rock will be able to add an Aquarium to enhance visits along with the Zoo and kids museum. NOLA had a great set up where you could catch a riverboat from the zoo to the Aquarium and then back again....maybe something can be developed similar along with kids Museum.

Well, no boat could get to the zoo in LR...

I'd love to see a downtown aquarium on the riverfront. I'd love to see a countywide property tax to pay for the aquarium and zoo improvements but I don't think it will happen for years if not decades.

I'm very excited about the marina because I think once the river has heavy recreational boat traffic this will propel a lot of direct riverfront development. Most development now actually faces away from the river.

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they want to have it fit asthetically with the library they should make it look like an upscale trailer park.

As far as global warming goes, find me a scientist proponent who doesn't stand to make money off it being a "crisis" and I might start believing it. If you live off government grants the "problem" you have devoted your life to studying had damn well better be a "crisis". As it stands now it is nothing more that a new earth religion.

I read a story the other day about scientists wanting to transfer kangaroo stomach enzymes to cows because kangaroo farts don't affect global warming as much so if the enzymes were in cows we could help save the world. Tell me these people aren't kooks.

If they want to have it fit asthetically with the library they should make it look like an upscale trailer park.

As far as global warming goes, find me a scientist proponent who doesn't stand to make money off it being a "crisis" and I might start believing it. If you live off government grants the "problem" you have devoted your life to studying had damn well better be a "crisis". As it stands now it is nothing more that a new earth religion.

I read a story the other day about scientists wanting to transfer kangaroo stomach enzymes to cows because kangaroo farts don't affect global warming as much so if the enzymes were in cows we could help save the world. Tell me these people aren't kooks.

Constructive arguing might be nice, too.

• 2 months later...

I saw this news too. Certainly indicates that some development will occur in the area. Is $1 million a lot of money for a 36 slip marina?

The $1 million is only the federal grant money part of the funding. The developer will kick in another $3 million. So now the question should be is $4 million a lot of money for a 36 slip marina?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I read...

"The developer has indicated the desire to develop the City owned property

adjacent to the west including a public boat launch ramp, park and playground

area and the river trail system with both bike and pedestrian access."

• 2 years later...

I'm sorry to dig up such an old topic that has been dormant for so long- but there was never any real closure on this development, was there? I assume financing became impossible to get for a project this large and "out of the box", but that property is still sitting there doing nothing and I was curious if the developer still owned it and was waiting for the right time, or if it's just completely dead. At any rate, my hope would be that if a similar project at that site has been attempted twice and never materialized for various reasons, a third time could be the charm with the Clinton Bridge being redeveloped like the Junction Bridge and the wetlands park being built. The proximity to those new riverfront assets could make this sort of thing an even more appealing proposition that it was initially, in my opinion.

Archived