Hong Kong of the Americas?

Brickell

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, admittedly, Hong Kong is way ahead of Miami. I don't think the purpose of the article is to say we can compete with Hong Kong some day, but that more than anything that will be our track. More than any other city in the US, I think Miami has the potential to become one of these Asian or South American style sprawling skylines.

I'll be 79 but you can at least look forward to living longer then. I can't wait to see what Miami looks like in 5 years. I can barely imagine 10, 15... 50 years.

Will we still enjoy skyscraper when we are old? Will we move into a beach house and enjoy life? Will this forum still around?

Imagine what skycrapers looked like 50 years ago... 1954. Our skyscrapers are so different now; in style, method, facade, form etc. Now try to project that 50 years into the future. I'll undoubtedly still be hitting up skyscraper observation decks when I'm older.

Of coures in Miami, you can move into a skyscraper beach house and enjoy the best of both worlds. :)

Archived