Transit Tax Election 2007 - Voting has begun

dubone

Only if you are eligible to vote in Mecklenburg County, please:  

82 members have voted

1. 1. How do you plan to vote?

• I will vote 'NO' to repeal, so that we KEEP the transit tax.
    • I will vote 'YES' to repeal, so that we REMOVE the transit tax.
    • I do not plan to vote.
  2. 2. When do you plan to vote?

• I will take advantage of North Carolina's convenient early voting.
    • I will vote on election day, November 6.
    • I will send in an absentee ballot.
    • I do not plan to vote

I already voted (last week) but today I sent out an internal email at work encouraging people to go vote. I also attached a link to the "VoteAgainstRepeal" website. I realize this may not be something everyone can or will want to do...but, thought I'd share the idea. Regardless of where you stand on the issues...it can't hurt to encourage people to vote.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Observer is reporting that 22,600 people chose to do early voting this year. That's a 66% increase from the last municipal elections in 2005. The Mecklenburg County BOE website actually reports it at 22, 982 so that's probably a few percentage points more. It's great to see that more and more people are taking advantage of this wonderful service being provided by the Board of Elections. Hopefully, this is also an indication of a large number of regular voters that will come out for the main election on Tuesday.

Archived