Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

ICCF Lunch and Learn

Which date work best for the next lunch-n-learn?   25 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a date that would be your #1 pick

• Thursday Nov. 8th
    • Friday Nov. 9th
    • Monday Nov. 12th
    • Tuesday Nov. 13th
    • Any of these would be fine

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

78 posts in this topic

Without having all the details squared away yet, which date would be the best to have our next Lunch-N-Learn? It sounds like ICCF is open to hosting us at their new headquarters in the newly renovated Blodgett Home at 920 Cherry Street.

Thanks!

Without having all the details squared away yet, which date would be the best to have our next Lunch-N-Learn? It sounds like ICCF is open to hosting us at their new headquarters in the newly renovated Blodgett Home at 920 Cherry Street.

Thanks!

What dates do you propose Jeff? WE are pretty flexible at TFD and would be happy with whatever date you set. Probably in the best interest of the whole group...there should be a two week notice given... How many UP"ers will be able to tour the facility?

Thanks,

I voted for a Friday or a Monday and I'm excited. I'm going to take advantage of the kindness of my employer and try and come to this. Since I work all day on the internet, technically, I could work one of those days at home. I mean since I am a temporary employee he did tell me I should be allowed some flexibility. Is this wrong of me? :D

This is going to be awesome. Drove by on Sunday and it blew me away!

Let's be sure to follow up quickly with the church-condo conversion. :)

Joe

I was watching all the hustle and bustle of work being done on it today whilst attempting to browse East Hills, which is apparently closed for the most part on Mondays.

I was watching all the hustle and bustle of work being done on it today whilst attempting to browse East Hills, which is apparently closed for the most part on Mondays.

I drove by the Blodgett/ICCF building tonight; the scaffolding is down and the floodlights were on- Let me just say, this place looks GREAT!!! :yahoo: I can't believe the transformation its gone through from a couple of years ago. And with the Green Well in the front full of people, the vibrancy of this section of Cherry is just incredible. WOW!

I drove by the Blodgett/ICCF building tonight; the scaffolding is down and the floodlights were on- Let me just say, this place looks GREAT!!! :yahoo: I can't believe the transformation its gone through from a couple of years ago. And with the Green Well in the front full of people, the vibrancy of this section of Cherry is just incredible. WOW!

I live just a tad closer to Heritage Hill than East Hills but I am so excited! I love East Hills. I love all of Grand Rapids. I sound like I'm on pixy stix and bouncing off the walls but I'm so happy and excited thinking about all the retailers, buildings, business, etc. I know, I'm a big dork.

Anyway, I'm just so glad I happen to live nearby; when I moved here I had NO idea what this part of town was like. I had to take everyone's word for it. It's great! I don't want to leave this house but I'm only here because of the super cheap rent. Maybe when I buy it'll be in this area. Maybe....

My early exit poll data tells me that with 8 votes for Friday, and 7 who are open to any day, Friday seems like the clear winner.

I'll let Rachel know. :thumbsup:

BTW: As michaelskis mentioned, if you can't make the Friday tour, it sounds like they have a Grand Opening Open House this weekend.

Jean, I totally feel your excitement. What I have noticed about it over here--the sense of community. My neighbors are some of my best friends, and we all look out for each other. I hope this retail burst is sustainable...I have my doubts about some, but will support them as much as I can. Welcome to the neighborhood...I hope you're here to stay!

I think the "dancing" guy made me happy. I guess you'd have to call it dancing when you see a bald yellow dude shaking his arms.

Oh hey, important detail missed. So it's on Friday, but what time of day?

Oh hey, important detail missed. So it's on Friday, but what time of day?

Well I just figured lunchtime is rather vague. Could mean dead noon, could be 11:30, 12:30, etc.

Well I just figured lunchtime is rather vague. Could mean dead noon, could be 11:30, 12:30, etc.

Probably a little late to be asking, but...what is this?

Probably a little late to be asking, but...what is this?

It looked pretty near completion when I last saw it earlier this week. Completely restored (I don't remember seeing the railing-thingy on the top roof, I'm guessing there aren't any plans to restore that?)

Don't know if it's the same guy, but there is a guy who always walks around singing Motown songs loudly. He doesn't have a good voice, but it still brings a smile to my face.