Harry Potter's Dumbledor is gay?

Miesian Corners

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, there's Britney, Mishca, Paris, Nicole, Brangelina, and a host of others who grab the headlines from what's really important. And quite frankly, I'll take this story over any of those any day of the week. At least Ms Rowling's books require people to read.

Perhaps our unfortunate reality (melting ice caps, drought, Bush is still our President, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, China, torture and other human rights violations, etc) keeps the media on top of matters such as this one. As a society, we have a short attention span.

Well, Tinky-Winky made the news, after Jerry Falwell accused him of being gay. Why, pray-tell, would the good reverend accuse a cartoon character of being gay? Well, it's very simple: Tinky-Winky was purple! And (of course!) all God-fearing, red-blooded Americans know that anyone, real or fictional, who is outfitted in pink or purple is definitely gay! :rofl:

This is laughable! Everybody knows that Bugs Bunny is gay and a transvestite and no one is raising any stink about him. So why should people throw a tizzy over a Harry Potter character? I know there's probably going to be some pompous, close minded goody goody do gooder thats wants every Harry Potter book in the world stacked in a giant pile and set ablaze. Got to protect our fragile children from those evil homosexual wizards and warlocks. Lord in Heaven, political correctiveness has surely got to be the most asinine concept since the Spanish Inquisition!

Sorry for Ranting.

So homophobic that this is one of The Advocate's (G&L weekly newsmag) top stories for the week. Face it folks, this is a multi-billion dollar enterprise, this Hogwarts thing. How many millions of copies of the books have been sold? How many millions of dollars have been made via film?

I really don't care either, but I never expected the vehement responses to this thread. I did start it because I thought the revelation was kinda dumb, but was utterly surprised to see how up in arms y'all are over it. Relax. Britney will be back on top of the news hour pretty soon and the world will be set right side up again.

The media has picked up on this because it will 'infuriate' and 'invigorate' the conservative folk in this country. Harry Potter has been a lightening rod for many a 'worthless' news story, so this is no different.

Now, if Dumbledor had some kind of physical relationship with Harry... that might deserve some attention... LOL

So homophobic that this is one of The Advocate's (G&L weekly newsmag) top stories for the week. Face it folks, this is a multi-billion dollar enterprise, this Hogwarts thing. How many millions of copies of the books have been sold? How many millions of dollars have been made via film?

I really don't care either, but I never expected the vehement responses to this thread. I did start it because I thought the revelation was kinda dumb, but was utterly surprised to see how up in arms y'all are over it. Relax. Britney will be back on top of the news hour pretty soon and the world will be set right side up again.

It's probably aimed more towards younger readers who hear, through parents or friends at school, that something is wrong with gays - and she is making the point that "Hey, you really admired this man when you assumed he was straight, does that change now that you know he's gay? Should it?" I don't think she is aiming for more publicity, rather awareness for he readers.

Archived