Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grock

Candidates for Mayor

9 posts in this topic

I guess last night's debate at the Library was pretty rowdy. Also the candidates were on Channel 3 today. They ran some clips on the news tonight. The debate is on tv this weekend. It's gonna be interesting.

I guess last night's debate at the Library was pretty rowdy. Also the candidates were on Channel 3 today. They ran some clips on the news tonight. The debate is on tv this weekend. It's gonna be interesting.

wow, I. Charles has a great idea: Mayoral candidate supports taxing city's commuter workers. read it in the HBJ

wow, I. Charles has a great idea: Mayoral candidate supports taxing city's commuter workers. read it in the HBJ

The city needs to come up with a vision, a plan and then start taking parking lots by eminent domain.

I watched the debate on Channel 3 yesterday and I think the only two candidates who get it are Mathews and Perez, followed by McCauley. Milner seems out of touch, and just wants to take care of getting everyone in Hartford a job. Nice idea, but some people don't want to work and you can't discourage investors from coming into the city. I think he said something like "Hartford shouldn't be a convention city."

McCauley is probably the most likeable, but not very aggressive. DeJesus doesn't have a grasp of the issues and gave some really simple answers to questions. Gonzalez seems to have real trouble with the English language. In the Courant I read she wants to turn the YMCA into a homeless shelter. WHat a bad idea. Bill Curry wrote he thought it was a good idea. Thank goodness he wasn't elected governor.

The thing that concerns me about Perez is the loss of the corporations: ING, Mass Mutual, WFSB and MetLife. Imagine if ING and WFSB's new buildings in Windsor and Rocky Hill had been built downtown. Who will be next if he gets re-elected? He also needs to make amends with Governor Rell.

Gonzalez seems to have real trouble with the English language. In the Courant I read she wants to turn the YMCA into a homeless shelter. WHat a bad idea. Bill Curry wrote he thought it was a good idea. Thank goodness he wasn't elected governor.

A homeless shelter? Are you kidding me? Wow, how do these people get to where they are at thinking like that?