Richmond Projects Listing

TBurban

You guys just reminded me of this map I created on My Maps/Google Maps like 2 years ago. I don't think I've updated it since then. I've opened it up so everyone can share and edit.

Add as much as you want. There are lots (seriously, LOTS) of holes to fill in, last edit I think was in early 2014 I'm sure.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zQTz3AtiXT9I.koQhmU4LAHH4&usp=sharing

Edited by RVA-Is-The-Best
  • Like 3

I like what you've started here!  Is there any way to make picture and description of the project pop up when you click on it?

Edit:  Nevermind...when I was using my phone nothing would pop up, but on my computer a description pops up!  Cool!

Edited by eandslee

22 hours ago, RVA-Is-The-Best said:

You guys just reminded me of this map I created on My Maps/Google Maps like 2 years ago. I don't think I've updated it since then. I've opened it up so everyone can share and edit.

Add as much as you want. There are lots (seriously, LOTS) of holes to fill in, last edit I think was in early 2014 I'm sure.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zQTz3AtiXT9I.koQhmU4LAHH4&usp=sharing

I spent a few minutes adding renderings/photos of some of the projects downtown.  With everyone's help, we can knock this out pretty quickly.  I just hate that it doesn't work properly on my phone.  Also, we need to somehow make this a "sticky" link on the front page so that it is easily accessible.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah, this map is great and I know a lot of us have contributed in some way. Is there anyway to make this map a "sticky" so that it is easily accessible?  Maybe start a new sticky thread entitled "Richmond Development Map" or something similar?  That would be most awesome. I just don't know how to do it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Borrowing from @wrldcoupe4's questions from three years ago on the state of current projects, I thought I'd pose a few questions to take the pulse of what's happening with current projects. If anyone knows the status of projects that are not yet under way, under way but paused or almost complete, please post them here.

IMPORTANT NOTE: FOR THESE QUESTIONS, I DID NOT INCLUDE EVERY PROJECT IN CARVER/NEWTOWNE, HERMITAGE ROAD (everything east of the Diamond District), THERE ARE SEVERAL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. WE CAN ADD THOSE IN SEPARATELY AS WE GO. 

THERE ARE ALSO OTHER ANNOUNCED PROJECTS NOT INCLUDED THAT ARE SIMPLY TOO RECENT AT THIS POINT TO INCLUDE.

MAJOR PROJECTS - we've had three major (10-plus story) projects break ground this year and one waiting in the wings -- ALL FOUR ARE  DOWNTOWN.

1.) Pinecrest/Parc View -- under construction - up to about the 9th floor as of early November

2.) Bakery Lofts -- under construction -- DO WE HAVE ANY STATUS UPDATE AS TO PROGRESS?

3.) CoStar HQ Tower/Campus -- Broke ground on November 1

4.) The project formerly known as The Admiral - in the pipe line, due to break ground (presumably) this month. Self parking kiosk has been removed (per visual sighting). ANY OTHER STATUS UPDATES?

MANCHESTER

1.) The Commodore -- under construction, coming out of the ground (elevator shaft has topped out)

2.) The Tidewater -- under construction -- in the home stretch

3.) The Box -- under construction - in the home stretch

4.) Port RVA II -- under construction - coming out of the ground

5.) Plant Zero -- about to break ground (?)

6.) Blackwood (across 2nd street from Caravati) -- has this started construction yet? I seem to recall is was about to get under way.

7.) Avery Hall -- announced, renderings available, SUP filed. NO TIME TABLE ESTABLISHED YET, CORRECT?

8.) Hourigan -- announced, renderings available, SUP filed, demo permit request filed (to remove Silos) - IS THERE A TIME TABLE FOR SILOS DEMO AND GROUND BREAKING YET?

9.) The Overlook II (401 Hull) -- DO" WE HAVE ANY STATUS UPDATES/TIME TABLES?

10.) South Falls II and III -- announced, renderings available. IS THERE A TIME TABLE OR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THIS DEVELOPMENT?

11.) Thurston's site-- 7-story apartment building -- JUST ANNOUNCED, renderings available.

12.) 201 W. Commerce Road -- 12-to-16-story apartment building with major ground-level retail anchor (possibly a grocery) -- announced, initial renderings available. ANY FURTHER UPDATES AS TO STATUS?

SCOTT'S ADDITION

1. ) The Icon -- construction wrapping up - tower is almost complete

2.) The Otis -- under construction - in the home stretch - almost complete

3.) The Novel, Scott's Addition -- under construction - coming out of the ground.

4.)  Soda Flats -- under construction -- was paused but now back under way -- ANY FURTHER STATUS UPDATES?

5.) 1508 Belleville -- under construction (??) -- ANY FURTHER STATUS UPDATES?

6.) Scott's Edge II -- under construction (??) -- ANY FURTHER STATUS UPDATES?

7.) Spy Rock Condos (3406 Carlton) -- under construction (??)

8.) The Outlier -- has this gotten started yet? Wasn't there site demo work that needed to be done?

9.) Level 2/Leigh Addition -- announced, renderings available, SUP filed - ANY FURTHER PROGRESS OR TIME TABLES KNOWN?

10.) N. Chasen & Son redevelopment -- announced, renderings available. ANY TIME TABLES KNOWN?

11.) Blackwood - 1701 Roseneath Road - 7 story apartment building -- announced, no firm renderings available (only preliminary mockups). HOWEVER -- SUP was approved, yes?

12.) Thalhimer - 1801 Ellen Road - 7 story apartment building -- announced, renderings available. ANY KNOWN TIMETABLES?

W. BROAD - MIDTOWN

2613 W. Broad (between Mulberry and Robinson - 6-story apartment building) -- announced, renderings available. ANY TIME TABLES KNOWN?

ARTS DISTRICT/MONROE WARD

1.) Madison and Broad -- 8-story apartment building -- announced, renderings available. ANY TIME TABLES KNOWN?

2.) VCU Art Building -- Broad and Belvidere - announced, renderings available.

3.) YMCA Grace Street -- announced, renderings available. ANY TIME TABLES KNOWN?

VCU ACADEMIC CAMPUS

VCU STEM Building -- construction wrapping up. Tower crane being taken down.

VCU IT Building -- W. Broad Street. Under construction. Crane going up. 

CITY CENTER/DOWNTOWN

BLOCK D - VCU-anchored -- project severely scaled back/truncated. Renderings (unfortunately) available. Demo of the Public Safety building -- STATUS?

Biotech Park -- Activation Capital's biotech park building -- ANY STATUS UPDATES?

FINANCIAL DISTRICT/DOWNTOWN

State Office Building-- 7th and Main -- still being evaluated/planning phase. No firm renderings or official announcement yet.

CARVER/NEWTOWNE/DIAMOND DISTRICT

Breeden -- Multi-family apartment building on Hermitage at the old Cobb Lumber site -- ANY STATUS UPDATES?

CANAL/RIVERFRONT/DOWNTOWN

Locks 7 & 8 -- announced, renderings available. ANY TIMETABLES KNOWN?

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Either for this list or future lists:

Add the 8-story at Madison and Broad

South Falls 2 and 3 in Manchester

State building proposed for 7th and Main

Breeden's project on Hermitage at the old Cobb Lumber site

VCU's new art building at Broad and Belvidere

VCU's new STEM building under construction

VCU's new IT building under construction

VCU anchored capital city partners project 

Activation Capital's biotech park building

Multifamily proposed on the YMCA Grace Street lots

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Either for this list or future lists:

Add the 8-story at Madison and Broad

South Falls 2 and 3 in Manchester

State building proposed for 7th and Main

Breeden's project on Hermitage at the old Cobb Lumber site

VCU's new art building at Broad and Belvidere

VCU's new STEM building under construction

VCU's new IT building under construction

VCU anchored capital city partners project 

Activation Capital's biotech park building

Multifamily proposed on the YMCA Grace Street lots

Perfect! Thanks, Coupe! :tw_thumbsup:

NOTE:   I'VE UPDATED THE LIST TO INCLUDE THESE!  :tw_thumbsup::tw_smiley:

BTW - do we have any updates on the open questions?

ALSO - What's ABSOLUTELY mind boggling to me: I was just going over the list. ACCOUNTING FOR JUST THE LARGE-SCALE RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS (and understanding that this list is not complete by any means - and that there are other developments either in the pipeline or under construction NOT included): I tallied up no fewer than 30 LARGE RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENTS that are either A.) under construction, B.) actually in the pipeline or C.) even just announced. HOLY MOLY!!! 30!!!

What's more -- that doesn't mean 30 BUILDINGS - because some developments have more than one building (N. Chasen & Son redevelopment have three buildings, Locks 7 & 8 are two buildings. South Falls II & III are two buildings, at least one of the Scott's Addition projects up on Belleville is two buildings, etc.

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1